BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To Kees:

You ahve a lot of nerve closing a post because a few people don't like what they read. Out of the thousands of hits on the posts about DA, only a handful of people actually post anything -- the silent majority are always the ones that really make a differnce anyway.

It's funny how you let RMS bashing (mine inlcuded) go on forever, but then you shut anything done that you don't like if it is against one of your sponsers.

Anyway, I had nothing else to say about DA -- and if board members would rather read about cars that are not delivered that exist in fantasy land until they are delivered, that's okay with me. My car is right now though the only one that was ever delivered with from DA with a supercharger and apparently, supercharging is a pretty big deal. Just look to Ford who blew 10 engines trying to deliver the supercharged Cobra Mustang of a few years back.

In closing, I just want you all to know that I am very happy with how things turned out as a result of my posts -- I accomplished what I set out to do.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
So I had a look at your other post, and thought...okay, $57K, that sounds pretty reasonable.

Not that I'd want to go down that road, but I'd figured it was an $80K job, given the amount of custom fabrication involved.

Then I see all kinds of spitwar going on and it seemed you were unhappy with the price.

Is that the whole issue here?

·
Registered
49,477 Posts
Mr Bloch.

Kees is a volountairly moderator, and he does that on his free time. If you have an argument with any of the moderators and you feel there is something more to be said, please take that up with me and I will talk to them. I am thankful for him helping me with this.

To insinuate that censoring is going on because of sponsorship is something that I take as an insult, and I know this is not true since Kees does not get any sponsoring fees from DA, I get that since I am paying the costs of the server. He has no connection whatsoever with DA.

I am happy you are happy, that is my goal. Members should be happy on my site.

So what was the problem here and can you specifiy that to me. I would prefeeer an e-mail so we can sort this out offline, instead of having yet another thread about Supercharging.

·
Administrator
8,806 Posts
bbloch1114 said:
If you have something to convey to me personally I'd recommend using the PM function. You'll find it conveniently located under my name in each posting or right here. To date I have received zero private messages from you about moderating on this forum.

You ahve a lot of nerve closing a post because a few people don't like what they read.
I have no idea what you're talking about, however regrettably we are sometimes forced to close threads because the discussion has run its course and further discussion serves no purpose anymore. That doesn't have anything to do with censorship - if that was true then this thread wouldn't still be here would it? ;) It has to do with keeping this a civil, courteous and friendly place. If you don't like that may I suggest having a look at the following 2 messageboards... #1 #2

Out of the thousands of hits on the posts about DA, only a handful of people actually post anything -- the silent majority are always the ones that really make a differnce anyway.
Guess we don't have to worry about you being part of the silent majority. ;)

It's funny how you let RMS bashing (mine inlcuded) go on forever, but then you shut anything done that you don't like if it is against one of your sponsers.
Actually RMS was an M5board.com sponsor over 1.5 years ago when the truth about the state of the different projects started coming to light in the first 'b ashing' sessions. To be honest, I think you of all people involved in the RMS E39 Supercharged mess did very well - amongst others by using the information you learned on this messageboard to your advantage in recovering funds and parts from RMS.

Personally I don't have any sponsors. Sorry. Would you like to be my sponsor? :)

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I didn't PM you because I wanted the rest of the board to see the post. You closed a post that was only about the price of the modifications -- there was nothing from me there about my dispute with DA. So, there was no reason to close the post.

Like I said, I am done with the whole issue -- at least as far as the M5board goes.

As for me being your sponser -- well, even though you must need a sponser since you have enough time to be on this board so much as a volunteer, I have no interest. But, in one of my operations, I have a call center and we are adding chat ability real soon -- you'd probably be okay at that, so if you want the job, let me know - it starts at $8.50 an hour :1:

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
JEM said:
So I had a look at your other post, and thought...okay, $57K, that sounds pretty reasonable.

Not that I'd want to go down that road, but I'd figured it was an $80K job, given the amount of custom fabrication involved.

Then I see all kinds of spitwar going on and it seemed you were unhappy with the price.

Is that the whole issue here?
If that's all you got out of the three different threads that covered the issue, then yes -- that was the only issue. :rolleyes:

·
Administrator
8,806 Posts
bbloch1114 said:
I didn't PM you because I wanted the rest of the board to see the post. You closed a post that was only about the price of the modifications -- there was nothing from me there about my dispute with DA. So, there was no reason to close the post.
Well, seeing as several boardmembers requested it to be closed in the thread itself seemed like as good a reason as any to close the thread. I also received private messages asking for it to be closed...

Maybe we could at least utliize this thread for some useful purpose and have other boardmembers contribute if they think this messageboard is being heavily censored? I promise not censor the negative responses. ;)

bbloch1114 said:
As for me being your sponser -- well, even though you must need a sponser since you have enough time to be on this board so much as a volunteer, I have no interest. But, in one of my operations, I have a call center and we are adding chat ability real soon -- you'd probably be okay at that, so if you want the job, let me know - it starts at $8.50 an hour :1:
Thanks! I guess that would require me to sell my company first though, right?

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
kees said:
Well, seeing as several boardmembers requested it to be closed in the thread itself seemed like as good a reason as any to close the thread. I also received private messages asking for it to be closed...

Maybe we could at least utliize this thread for some useful purpose and have other boardmembers contribute if they think this messageboard is being heavily censored? I promise not censor the negative responses. ;)

Thanks! I guess that would require me to sell my company first though, right?
Probably not -- you seem to have a lot of time on your hands.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
kees said:

If "several" members requesting you to close down a post is enough for you to do so, then perhaps you are letting your personal views and feelings prevent you from being impartial. If people don't like what is being said in a post -- as long as there is no profanity in the post, then those users should simply not read those posts.

Just like with TV -- you can always change the channel. It will be intersting to see where this topic takes us. I think we will end up seeing peoples' thoughts about free speech, censorship and perhaps even their political leanings.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
bbloch1114 said:
If that's all you got out of the three different threads that covered the issue, then yes -- that was the only issue. :rolleyes:
I'm sorry, I hadn't been following this very closely. Upon looking around a little further, I can see what you've been up against. That said, it's rare that a project this ambitious doesn't go through a few iterations.

·
Registered
49,477 Posts
Mr Bloch, from now on please only discuss with me. I see you have not mailed me and you havent even replied to my post. Can you please read others post as well?

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
I was one that asked for it to be closed.

Why? It was a good thread. I'm glad you posted it. You stated your facts and how you got screwed. And for that, I feel bad. It made me and many others think twice about DA or the whole supercharging process. It's good info and I'm glad you posted it. Then DA came on and stated their point. Very good arguments as well. But in the end, it turned into a he said / she said thread. You both made your point and the thread was going nowhere, like this one. Once that happens, you need to take it off line...imo. Tensions are high on the forum...you saw the recent departure of BlackM5. It's not really a good situation that will turn vendors and members away further deteriorating the uniqueness of the board.

I just wanted to own up to being one that asked for it to be closed.

As for the moderators....Damned if you do, damned if you don't. Don't take it personally. Maybe we need a 'Rants' forums?

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
boostmiser said:
I was one that asked for it to be closed.

Why? It was a good thread. I'm glad you posted it. You stated your facts and how you got screwed. And for that, I feel bad. It made me and many others think twice about DA or the whole supercharging process. It's good info and I'm glad you posted it. Then DA came on and stated their point. Very good arguments as well. But in the end, it turned into a he said / she said thread. You both made your point and the thread was going nowhere, like this one. Once that happens, you need to take it off line...imo. Tensions are high on the forum...you saw the recent departure of BlackM5. It's not really a good situation that will turn vendors and members away further deteriorating the uniqueness of the board.

I just wanted to own up to being one that asked for it to be closed.

As for the moderators....Damned if you do, damned if you don't. Don't take it personally. Maybe we need a 'Rants' forums?
The post that was closed was the one that showed the cost -- that was the one I was talking about -- not the one about Living with the car or the one about RMS vs. Dinan vs Discovery Automotive. Look at that thread -- I put nothing in there about the condition of the car or the experience.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
CEC said:
At some point the referee needs to step in. It was getting ugly. I think everyone had made their points. Then made them again. And again....

Again, that is right -- if I had been talking about those thread, I wasn't. I was talking about the "price" one which is now open. I agree that the other threads had already run their courses.

·
Banned
1,449 Posts
Some good points made.However,as Mr.Bloch has stated,if you don't want to view the thread,then by all means ,"change the channel."I don't think a thread should be shut down because a few people want it so.It will die on it's own when it fails to serve a purpose,i.e.,fails to inform OR intertain.This is the world wide web,not your living room.

·
2,492 Posts
bbloch1114 said:
Probably not -- you seem to have a lot of time on your hands.

The business hours of your operations and the hours of operation for kees do not really fall at the same time, you know....

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
de Witt said:
The business hours of your operations and the hours of operation for kees do not really fall at the same time, you know....

I did not mean it literally.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts