BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi iam back!

I drove mine m5 all this summer and there were no problems. In december 2009 i posted this thread because `check engine light` came on and it went away. But here what happend 24/dec/2010:
- for the first time this year i started up the car in -1 degrees.
5 minutes after startup the `check engine light` came on! i drove the car for a while and the car felt normal.
When the oil had the right temperature i shut the car down, took the key out, put it back in and restarted the car. everything was back to normal this means: no `check engine light`.......

whats wrong with my car?
anyone.................<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

·
Registered
6,353 Posts
Temperatures + O2 sensors = CEL!
Don't worry too much!

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Your car is working perfectly. Your O2 sensors detected something abnormal, sent you a warning, then reset the warning at restart. It may happen again, and if the warning light remains on have your dealer check it out. You may need one of the four O2 sensors replaced.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
i had the same problem when i bought the car in december 2009. i let the dealer check the car and he said this can happen when the car sits still for a long time. After 1000 km The Cel came on only at cold starts and went away after the motor is at right operation temp. turn the car off and start it up. The car gave this fault untill march 2009 then the outside temperatures went up and the cel never came on again. until yesterday!!

the car had a readout in feb 2009, the readout said:
-vanos oil pressure
-vanos sensor pressure

is it still the o2 sensor?

thank you ahmed and M5 for taking the time to help me out.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Vanos issues are different, but again the car will warn you and can resolve & reset the warning. When your car drives differently and will nt reset itself, then you have to go see the M Doctor. But until then, drive it like you stole it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.