BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I decided to take the plunge and upgrade the system since the CCC was the only thing making the M6 feel dated.
I initially thought of the cic upgrade but I got a pretty good deal on a NBT unit, display and controller that was impossible to turn up.

Everything has been wired up, coded and tested to verify its functionality, well in the garage at least hasn’t hit the road yet but that’s majority of the battle lol!

There’s loads of documentation out there on E90 and E60 retrofits, not nearly as much on the E63/E64 platform, which is where my dilemma kicks in.

Can anyone who has done this before chime in on how you modify the touch controller to fit? Unfortunately on ours it’s actual center console that’s utilized as the mounting for it so I’m assuming there’s no other option besides hacking away at it.

Secondly, the dash trim for the ac controls and updated radio buttons, on the E60’s and E90’s you simply buy a new plastic trim, on the E63/E64 you’d have to get a whole new trim whether it’s wood, carbon fiber or stainless steel. In my case it’s Madeira wood and while I was prepared to purchase one from BMW, they no longer sell that particular wood trim for that chassis anymore.
Anyone has any clue who the manufacturer of the wood trim for Bmw was? I’m willing to source it if it can still be done.

I’ll upload progress pics so far.

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought there’s be more hits here but none the less I’ll post an update for those interested.

Found this thread which was like one of two online showing how someone putting the cic controller in modified the armrest.

https://www.bmw-syndikat.de/bmwsyndikatforum/topic343071_e63_e64_CIC_Navigation_mit_Controller_umbau_Nice2Know_Beitraege_zur_Ueberpruefung.html

Got a local interior guy working on it to come up with something similar.

Still on the hunt for an updated Ac control / lci radio control trim. Can’t find any locally and the wood trim that came from the factory is unavailable. Anyone happens to see one for sale please post a link.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Subscribed. Can you kindly share the part list for what is needed to go from CCC to NBT. Silly question but what is the difference between NBT and CIC please?

·
Registered
181 Posts
I have a similar system in mine with Android 4.4 which I want to change to the 9 version. I find playing MP3s sound really low compared to DAB radio.
Been messing about with the volumes but cannot get it to sound "as" good as the OEM radio. I have Hifi speakers in my car so not sure.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts