BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I am new to forum.

I joined because have problem with CCC navigation system.
When I start the car, the BMW logo comes up, and after nothing happens.
It happened 2 times before, and I was solved the problem through vehicle turn-off and start-up again.
This time, it is stuck on BMW logo for 5 days.

I read some other forums, and someone said that I may need to replace the hard drive in my CCC.
But I think I have no hard drive.... I have old system, maps are on DVD.

What can it be? How can I fix the CCC navigation system?

:1zhelp:

·
Registered
759 Posts
It's true, you do not have a hard drive in your CCC. As for diagnosing your problem, usually the first place to start anytime something electrical happens is the health of the battery and the health of the charging system (alternator, voltage regulator). A simple voltmeter check should give you a good idea...The battery should be about 12.2 volts by itself, and after starting, the voltage should stabilize at 14.4 or so. You may be able to hook up the voltmeter under the hood where the "jump starting" points are.

If the electrical system checks out, then you need to diagnose the CCC components themselves.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's true, you do not have a hard drive in your CCC. As for diagnosing your problem, usually the first place to start anytime something electrical happens is the health of the battery and the health of the charging system (alternator, voltage regulator). A simple voltmeter check should give you a good idea...The battery should be about 12.2 volts by itself, and after starting, the voltage should stabilize at 14.4 or so. You may be able to hook up the voltmeter under the hood where the "jump starting" points are.

If the electrical system checks out, then you need to diagnose the CCC components themselves.
Thanks for the info. I checked and everything seems to be in order (battery was replaced just 3 months ago), alternator is ok, voltage is also ok.
Any idea how to check the CCC components?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This happened to mine when I bought it and most of the idrive had to be replaced.
Which components of the iDrive did you need to replace? How did you test the CCC to make sure that's what's causing the problems?

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Which components of the iDrive did you need to replace? How did you test the CCC to make sure that's what's causing the problems?
Lucky for me it was like that when I bought the car. It had been stored for winter and the battery went dead and the garage I bought it from jump started it and blew it.
They replaced it before I bought the car but it went funny again. They said they replaced the DVD drive and one of the modules.
Sorry thats all i know because i did not do the work as it was under warranty.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
have you tried to reset it by pressing both eject buttons and the radio power button all at the same time?
I tried and no reaction at all.
I talked to one sponsor here, and he told me it is very known problem wit CCCs.
They said if I replace CCC to new CCC - is big chance that soon new CCC will too break.
I now consider CCC to CIC change. It is more expensive, but I think is good solution, because I want to keep my car for few years after.

Thank you for help! :)

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
I tried and no reaction at all.
I talked to one sponsor here, and he told me it is very known problem wit CCCs.
They said if I replace CCC to new CCC - is big chance that soon new CCC will too break.
I now consider CCC to CIC change. It is more expensive, but I think is good solution, because I want to keep my car for few years after.

Thank you for help! :)
I was trying the same and it did nothing. Mine has been fine for the last 18 months after being replaced.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello! I am new to forum.

I joined because have problem with CCC navigation system.
When I start the car, the BMW logo comes up, and after nothing happens.
It happened 2 times before, and I was solved the problem through vehicle turn-off and start-up again.
This time, it is stuck on BMW logo for 5 days.

I read some other forums, and someone said that I may need to replace the hard drive in my CCC.
But I think I have no hard drive.... I have old system, maps are on DVD.

What can it be? How can I fix the CCC navigation system?

:1zhelp:
Mine started doing same thing. I don't like where this is going.
I did reset a few times and it worked.
How long time passed before the screen frozen 100% of time?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Mine has been doing it off and on for months. There is no rhyme or reason as to when it does it. But i do think it is a problem with the dvd player reading the nav disk. I think starting the nav is the first step, and when the CCC has trouble reading the disk it re starts. If i remove the nav disk and re start the system it fires right up. I then put in the nav disk and it works no problem.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts