BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Car has been showing faults of INCREASED EMISSIONS. They tried replacing the O2 sensors, and that didnt work. Doesnt it seem like the O2 sensors are always the "answer" ? LOL. Anyway, hoping to have car back in a few days. CATS replaced under 8yr/80k emission warranty, which is nice.

·
Registered
977 Posts
I'm in the same situation look forward to knowing if it's the cats as you can get a tune from ess that will remove cel

·
Registered
489 Posts
Why would you want to remove the CEL on your car. If it is on you have a problem somewhere, or is this just if you remove your cats?

·
Registered
977 Posts
CEL can be many things but when it states cats inefficiency and O2 sensors it points to either. If the cats are inefficient it doesn't limp mode the car so you can still drive etc but to remove the code you need to replace cats, O2 sensors or remove cats and get an aftermarket tune. My preference is to remove cats and tune the car. I want to know if the op loses the code from the cat replacement as then I can get a tune instead of wasting $8k here in Oz for new headers!

·
Registered
977 Posts
Find the cause of your problems? One member had the whole car reprogrammed and that fixed the problem... Let me know.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Just had my car serviced for one of the throttle body actuator banks fail and that costed me a pretty penny. Unfortunately, my ride is back in the shop for electrical failure problems, something to do with the alternator not charging correctly. It is always something with the Bimmers i guess. My previous ride being an Acura rarely had major repairs until i totaled it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts