BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any one removed these and stright piped it, but left the standard back boxs on the car, wondering what it sounds like as I have the option to buy the stright pipes and use my standard rear boxs

·
Registered
261 Posts
Got some Infinity headers which remove the primary cats, rest of the system is stock so should still pass emissions.
Sounds slightly louder under load, with a more crisp/exotic note. No drone, no farting/booming and not too intrusive.
Really pleased with it. At full throttle it's manic!!

·
Registered
187 Posts
Has any one removed these and stright piped it, but left the standard back boxs on the car, wondering what it sounds like as I have the option to buy the stright pipes and use my standard rear boxs
I have a similar setup but I retained the secondary cats. Car sounds good, no drone and loud but not obnoxious. Like stated above the best results come with decatted headers or swapped headers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will be keeping the cats on the headers, it's the others that are removed. Standard back box will be fitted, is this what you have done

·
Registered
187 Posts
I will be keeping the cats on the headers, it's the others that are removed. Standard back box will be fitted, is this what you have done

View attachment 933626

Here’s what I have, kept the secondary cats but gutted the headers.

You’ll be fine, the primary cats are the biggest sound restrictor and the stock mufflers keep the drone muted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Has it changed the sound with only gutting the header cats ? So apart from that you have kept everything standard

1 - 6 of 6 Posts