I think adds another 12% so I think it would have been about
$24.00 CAD or $24.27 USD.

Ah, I'll take the BMW Synthetic for $10.50 / quart please.... This
was at the Toronto BMW dealer.

To hell with buying wine futures, I want TWS futures :haha:

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
jesus... last time I bought 10w 60 it was 8.60 a quart with CCA discount...

and that was 3 months ago

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
wow they are a rip off

·
Registered
377 Posts
Was the TWS in a special gold container?

·
Registered
162 Posts
BMW of Honolulu is also at $20 a bottle. I ended up shipping in 3 cases from a CA dealer at $7.50 or so a bottle. I am stocked up for now.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Can anyone explain the difference in these prices? Is it just dealer greed? Out of curiosity, how much should BMW 5w30 be at a dealer?

·
Registered
162 Posts
For my dealer its half greed, half no competition, and half shipping hazmat materials over the world's largest ocean. :D

:(

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
DO NOT MIX BMW 5W30 and TWS 10W60...just because they have "BMW" on the bottle does not mean they are the same base formulations and same additive packages...

I pay around $9/qt for TWS

·
Registered
430 Posts
I pay about $14 CAD a quart for TWS 10W60 at my dealer.

·
Registered
276 Posts
A total jerk of a dealer in Atlanta, one that starts with G, tried to charge me $22 a quart. Man did that argument get loud. There are still a few good BMW service and parts departments at BMW dealers, but sadly they are in the minority.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
tbalon, dealers are stupid sometimes.. I hope NOBODY pays that for their oil... I went to get a quart for topping off, rang up at like $18.xx i gave a WTF to the lady and she gave me some BS about oil prices raising yadda yadda... Called the dealer next door to my brothers work, $9.xx for same thing... Called brother, asked him to pick me up 3qts. Hung up phone, told lady I didnt want it and left.. :D
Be cheaper to have a qt shipped then buy it at dealer...
Matt

·
Registered
80 Posts
That'll teach you drive to Canada :)

On top of that you can't use your radar detector either!!

d-
Not entirely true. Radar Detectors are LEGAL in the provinces of Saskatchewan, Alberta, and British Columbia. :M5launch:

That being said, and back on topic, I pay over $20 a liter for TWS at either dealership here in Calgary. Last time I think it was $22 or $24. ouich

·
Registered
6,517 Posts
Not entirely true. Radar Detectors are LEGAL in the provinces of Saskatchewan, Alberta, and British Columbia. :M5launch:

That being said, and back on topic, I pay over $20 a liter for TWS at either dealership here in Calgary. Last time I think it was $22 or $24. ouich
All true, well and good, but none of those are within 250 miles of Ithaca, NY, which is where he was traveling!

d-

·
Registered
453 Posts

Even thought it has been well over a year since the CDN and USD are almost trading on par we are still getting charged as if it is trading at $1.00USD=$1.40CDN

That's is why, even with shipping, customs, duty, tax, etc it is STILL CHEAPER to buy parts through Pelican and have them shipped. I bought a fan clutch, Guibo, and several small parts for the same price JUST the Guibo would have been from Calgary BMW...that was cost ALL-IN!

Crazy.ouich

1 - 20 of 53 Posts