BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi#
Just wondering if anyone's using the Carsoft Diagnostics software with their M5??

·
Registered
410 Posts
I have the software and just waiting to figure out which cables to buy, so as soon as I get the cables I'll be up and running.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It basically allows reading of all the cars sensors whilst the engine is running, and gives the ability to check stored fault codes. I did obtain a couple of interfaces ages ago but never got any luck with them working, my cars diag port was not giving the normal voltage levels and therefore the interface did not work. Our cars use OBD1. These interfaces are available from ebay once in a while, and the software also. If you do a search you should find my old post with more info on this. -Greg

·
Registered
749 Posts
In my dads garage we use their software.
You can use the program to see live data from the engine (diesel and petrol) and gearbox (automatic). And read fault codes from diverse modules in the car (Airbag, ABS/ASC, bla bla (see their website).

The only thing you can do to the E34 M5 3.6 and 3.8 is reading fault codes from the DME and other modules. No live data! (that pretty sucks!) We use Bosch KTS for that.

With our package we got a serial BMW cable (20 pinned diagnostic connector) and a OBD cable.

The product makes it for use allot better and takes less time to recorver electronic faults. I don't know any other company that delivers a wide package for BMW like they do.

(Just don't expect all the features that BMW DIS got :hihi:.)

·
Registered
410 Posts
My cables are arriving shortly, can't wait to hook it up...will post results.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I tried carsoft and found it worked ok but was no better than any generic obd scanner I was having problems with an EDC sensor . I purchased an ADS cable and installed DIS and INPA on an old laptop with a serial port and had much better results .

·
Registered
749 Posts
I tried carsoft and found it worked ok but was no better than any generic obd scanner I was having problems with an EDC sensor . I purchased an ADS cable and installed DIS and INPA on an old laptop with a serial port and had much better results .
Same here, currently using ICOM. Also, Carsoft can not show live data on the Motronic 1.2 and 3.3. That leaves only trouble codes left...

Anyway, good luck with the purchase.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts