BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Now when it's 2014, lets make a list of cars who are not spotted for the last 3 years? Any cars out there who's (today) not seen since January 1, 2011?

·
Registered
376 Posts
I believe #67 is in a collection in Mexico...gorgeous car. #53 is very good looking as well. Is #66 a US-Spec car too, if I'm not mistaken...

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I can tell you for sure that the 2nd video for number #67 was taken at Lamborghini Miami, I've stood in that exact spot.
Looks like that! Driving and turning towards "Prestige Audi". There is at least two companies in the building for the moment. "Gotham Dream Cars" (Exotic rental) and "Prestige Imports"/Lamborghini Miami (Lamborghini, Lotus and Pagani dealer), someone in that building who can service a Koenigsegg? To bad you can't see the License Plate ..

I believe #67 is in a collection in Mexico...gorgeous car. #53 is very good looking as well. Is #66 a US-Spec car too, if I'm not mistaken...
That's what we've been told about #067 "Custom Vision", but apparently it was in US after Mexico??

#066 has Passenger Airbag, but white side markers.. Was a Gulf car (Qatar, Dubai) until at least late 2010, early 2011 .. Is there any pictures of the car in US? I only know of Silver cars #049 (Black interior) and CCXR #065 ("tan-ish" interior), nothing about a car with Blue interior in US?

·
Registered
232 Posts
I don't believe there is anyone official there that could do it, though Naples motorsports just did some pretty big work on their CCX, and they didn't use a factory tech either. I will also agree and say the car is probably in a collection in Mexico, and I will go out on a limb and add that it probably is the same guy that has the Zonda Cinque roadster that showed up in the dealer for a few hours with Mexican plates. Just a guess on that though.

Also, a while back I was talking to a exotic car customizer/detailer in the Miami area, and he told me about a guy with a collection that was huge, and had some insane cars. Jorge Wolf, quickly googling him shows he owns the 3000th Lamborghini Murcialago, and he also has a Reventon. Again, just a guess but maybe.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I will also agree and say the car is probably in a collection in Mexico, and I will go out on a limb and add that it probably is the same guy that has the Zonda Cinque roadster that showed up in the dealer for a few hours with Mexican plates. Just a guess on that though.
I don't think the Zonda (#76108) ever had a connection to Mexico (the car is probably still owned by the factory), they probably just put on some "funny" plates (Mexico plates?) for the US "vacation"..

I'm not sure #067 is much connected to Mexico either (.. but it had a visit there)..

Edit: To bad we can't see the plates at the Koenigsegg, wouldn't surprise me much if it was the very same license number as the Pagani was seen with..

Edit2: The (very temporary) plates at the Pagani are said to be from Monterrey (Nuevo León), coincident?

·
Registered
376 Posts
I'm pretty sure there's a certified Koeingsegg tech in Florida, I wouldn't be surprised if he did some of the work on the cars that came through there.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It seems very unusual for a Koenigsegg to disappear for as much as three years. Often there are a reason to why a car is not seen in a long time.
#003 "disappeared" in 2004, but is probably used for building #026 (not seen for 2½ year)
#004 "disappeared" in 2004, former PR/Press car, last seen at the factory..
#020 "disappeared" in 2006, but was filmed 2009 at the factory..
#031 has a big hole in the history 2006 - 2012..
#039 last seen London July 2008. Reported to be part of the Al Maktoum collection.
#053 Abu Dhabi car Photographed March 2012?
#066 I always have a hard time tracking down these Gulf-cars, but is this #066 behind #080 (in the very same garage?)? If it is we are down to March 2012 on this one too. If not we might still have three weeks more :^)
#067 See earlier posts in this thread..

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
All three cars, 53, 66 and 80 are from the same garage...
.. and #068 (and Abu Dhabi #079 had a service done at Al Otiba's workshop), but that's a bit strange because #080 is supposed to have a connection to the ruling family of Oman? I think he is just selling it (I think it has "Formula Motors" plate on at the photo?) Is Mr. Al Otaiba not only selling/servicing them, but also using them all as they where his own? :^) .. not because they pull much miles, #080 for sale right now with 350-400km..

Edit: I checked the license plate at #067, It's not the same seen at a Zonda outside Lamborghini Miami. I think it reads SCL-99-99, SCL-88-88 or something similar.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I'm pretty sure there's a certified Koeingsegg tech in Florida, I wouldn't be surprised if he did some of the work on the cars that came through there.
I meant anyone certified at Lamborghini of Miami, I personally know the Koenigsegg tech, I just talked to him yesterday and asked about the car. He can confirm that #67 is undamaged, and is still around, but that's all he would tell me. Very private collection I guess.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Makes you wonder how many supercar collections with one, or several Eggs there can be..
A guy at Pagani-Zonda.net claims that someone he knows on the Isle of Man has a collection with a red CC8S with crema/beige interior.. As we know, no such egg was built new, but I asked him to snap a pic of it with the VIN.

Seeing as both #004 and #002 hasnt been seen for a while and have matching interior it could be possible that one of them has been re-sprayed.
Im very sceptic, but hopefully hes not lying to us.. :)

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)

A recent picture of the covered cars, #001 is not much of a mystery, but the next one.. It seems to have been there for years.. and btw the next one.. I mentioned in another post that I thought it was #092. Let me change my mind and say #091 (not seen this summer).

October 1, 2010

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
I Don't know .. But I wasn't thinking about Quant .. I think it looks very similar to #001 in size and proportions (not even a CCX does that, side by side).

Edit: Maybe I was a bit fast with the 2010 picture, that might be a different car, but the conclusion is the same .. here a picture from early 2011 with both of them.

·
Registered
376 Posts
In the SS7 video you can see #91's body parts on a few racks, so I imagine they got resprayed or were being repaired.

Also, maybe under the middle cover is a pre-cc8s prototype? The body shape looks slightly different to #1 to me.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
maybe under the middle cover is a pre-cc8s prototype? The body shape looks slightly different to #1 to me.
I think the first prototype is at a Museum. The other one (#XX1) was used for crash tests, if it's alive then it's probably to the left (if it's not #035 or a "disappeared" car?). To me the car without the front (and rear?) bonnet is a "disappeared" car I think pictures where the rims are visible could narrow it even further..

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
The original clay model somewhere in there? in older photos it sits parked in the factory without a cover, probally is in there somewhere with a cover

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The original clay model somewhere in there? in older photos it sits parked in the factory without a cover, probally is in there somewhere with a cover
I'm not sure I've seen it since it was where the "showroom"/turntable are now (together with CCGT), 2008? But might remember it wrong..

1 - 20 of 57 Posts