BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

741 - 757 of 757 Posts

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #742
Whens the next meet? Also will it be in the same location?
Unfortunately C&C Fairlakes is closed. I have a couple leads on some other local C&C that are starting up. Ultimately, we will have to close this thread out and start a new one.

The meet yesterday was somewhat successful, but we were kicked out around 10am by security. I doubt we can make it a weekly occurrence at Fair Oaks Mall.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Yeah I saw that the fair lakes meet was closed. I had an idea for our //M car meets. Lets meet in a local park. There a multiple ones around and park police can't kick us out for parking there and hanging out and talking since that is what parks are meant for :p. Also local parks have plenty of parking space. Especially if its just for the M car group. A few come to mind,

Fort Hunt(not Busy in the mornings, Gets busy in the summer after 12pm)
Prince William ( Busy and parking together might be a problem)
Burke Lake

This is just an idea to keep in mind maybe a quick solution until we find something else.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Yeah I saw that the fair lakes meet was closed. I had an idea for our //M car meets. Lets meet in a local park. There a multiple ones around and park police can't kick us out for parking there and hanging out and talking since that is what parks are meant for :p. Also local parks have plenty of parking space. Especially if its just for the M car group. A few come to mind,

Burke Lake

This is just an idea to keep in mind maybe a quick solution until we find something else.
Fort Hunt ... you need prior approval otherwise once they see it's a car meet, they will kick you out. Burke Lake should be much easier and I don't think approval is needed... but it's still Fairfax Co. Although Prince William Co will be easier (and closer for me :smile ) it would be the farthest for most of us.

Terry

·
Registered
283 Posts
Pics from Sunday

Attachments

·
Registered
294 Posts

Burke Lake

I think you might be on to something, especially if you pick something like a sports park with a baseball diamond or soccer field. I think people socialize more than play there anyways!

Here's an example (link)

A couple of other park-related ideas
1) Scenic overlook on GW parkway...NEVER patrolled
2) Roosevelt Island parking area
3) National Arboretum

Finally, go to an office-y location that's unlikely to have people come and kick you out. Here's an example (link) or (link)

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #747
These are all great ideas, but would really only be for board members (if you know what I mean). We wouldn't be able to start a completely new C&C with other make/models showing up to those locations. I am all in on just having us meeting whereever though.

I floated an email to an C&C event planner to see if they were starting a new C&C up in Seven Corners. They had 1 event last year there, and I am looking to see if they would make it a weekly thing.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Yeah the ideas I floated were definitely for a limited m5board get-together with RESPONSIBLE actions. 10-15 cars being quiet doesnt pose the same risks as 150 with racing down side streets.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Sunday C&C NEW LOCATION

NVSCC Cars & Coffee - The Northern Virginia Sports Car Club (Centreville, VA) - Meetup

• Cameron's Coffee and Chocolates

9639 Fairfax Blvd, Fairfax, VA (map)

• Permission has been granted by Property Management. The City of Fairfax Police office has been notified of our event and will be in attendance.

We highly encourage everyone who plans to attend this Cars & Coffee to read the rules below.

1. Respect the Tenants, customers come first
    2. No agressive driving in and out of the lot. Obey all Virginia traffic laws
    3. No videography (this refers to standing near the entry/exits and shooting video or taking pictures).
    4. No revving engines.
    5. Respect each other's property/space.
    6. Please be considerate and pick up after yourself (trash, pets, etc)
its too bad the weather doesnt look so good this weekend... New thread?

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #752
If this is legit than definitely start a new thread!

·
Registered
37 Posts
I wish I had gotten on here before this morning. I just got back from the Middle East for work and went to Kohls this morning. Whoops! sounds like someone ruined that for us.

Hope you guys had a good time at Cameron's this morning. I am suppose to head back over seas this week but if I don't I should be able to get my mistress out of the garage for a few next weekend.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #755
Has anyone gone to Cameron's yet? I'll be away again this coming weekend, but after that I am willing to check out the new location

·
Registered
242 Posts
Has anyone gone to Cameron's yet? I'll be away again this coming weekend, but after that I am willing to check out the new location
I went on sunday and it was a good turnout for all types of cars. BMW: 3 F10s and my e60 were in attendance. The lot is nice and big!

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #757
741 - 757 of 757 Posts