BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have currently specced the car as Onyx Blue/Cinnamon/Carrara. This can still be easily changed.

Here is the Carrara Wood Trim:

I had a look at a swatch again today at the dealer and tried matching it with the exterior and leather samples. Frankly I was disappointed; the whole thing didn't look "right" and felt very dull & lifeless.

Here's a stand alone sample of Carrara:

Then I tried matching some other wood trims and EUREKA I found that Poplar Natural worked very well with my other colours. There was a certain synergy that made the whole thing feel right to me.

Here's a swatch of the Poplar - you can see it's much richer than the Carrara:

..and here are the three colours together (Onyx Blue, Poplar and Cinnamon):

Alas, it seems that I'm going to end up with Individual everything and a very big bill :3:

Any comments? (except the obvious "don't get wood trim!")

Next up... deciding headliner colours ouich

·
Registered
4,246 Posts
Ashok:

I agree with your assesment and would go with the popular wood. It seems to be much more fitting wiht your color combo. The Carrara is too light and I would think it would make the leather look much too dark and brownish for my liking. Best of luck with your situation. Either way, I think your car will look fabulous.

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
I like the poplar better - it looks a bit deeper to me. The color combo of cinnamon/poplar looks good and I think the dark blue exterior is a nice contrast to the lighter wood.

You've got more guts than I do - I can't order an interior/exterior unless I've seen one in person. Good luck!

·
Registered
816 Posts
Poplar looks nicer to me. The Carrara looks "cheap" with all the wavey lines. But I think no matter which wood you choose, it is the combined whole that matters most, making sure that everything matches and balances as a whole.

B

·
0 Posts
Poplar looks great; I am glad you decided to make the switch.

Cheers, Daniel.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
IMO i think u should see the Brushed aluminum trim... to have a sporty touch.. other option to have a luxutury interior which i see it doesnt suit the M5 imo u can choose the popular wood..

here is an example of the cinamon M3 interior with the aluminun trim..

For the headlining i will choose the light brown or the black

This is just my opinion ... and i am pleased to have ur opinion on the color choices

Thanks

·
Registered
21 Posts
So you are going for the fool leather then ;)
Another vote for Poplar. Carrara is too light and cheap looking. Seeing the 2 in Paris, I thought the great thing about aluminium is not to have the smg stciking out so much by contrasting with the wood...
Have you considered a darker wood, the walnut amarone from Individual is very nice....
C

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
cpd1 said:
So you are going for the fool leather then ;)
Another vote for Poplar. Carrara is too light and cheap looking. Seeing the 2 in Paris, I thought the great thing about aluminium is not to have the smg stciking out so much by contrasting with the wood...
Have you considered a darker wood, the walnut amarone from Individual is very nice....
C
Not yet decided about Full vs. Extended leather - depends how much it costs and whether Cinnamon is only available in Full leather.

You are right that the darker woods look good but it would be TOO dark with the Cinnamon leather. A darker wood would look nice with something like Caramel or Champagne leather in my opinion.

By the way, there is another Poplar wood trim available. It is called Poplar Ruby (option code 0230) so don't confuse it with the Poplar Natural (code 0200) which I have selected.

Here is a sample of the darker Poplar Ruby:

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
Are these options standard or only available through BMW individual? I would imagine that the individual options are costly. Unfortunately, these are some of the only interiors I've seen that I really like.

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
21 Posts
Few pics from I took in Paris. Close up the carrara doesn't look too good. It is a personal thing but Aluminium suits the car well, otheriwse I am a fan of the darker woods, the poplar one might be too red tho
I think BMW should offer Carbon too, would certainly suits the car well...
C

Attachments

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks Cyril - I'm glad I'm not getting the Carrara now.

Here's another wood trim available from BMW Individual. It's called Tamo Umbra and is similar to Birch Antracite (but slightly browner):

·
Registered
134 Posts
Poplar wood trim in my opinion is the way to go.

Currently have it in my E39 and it works well with the arizona sun leather matt leather.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts