BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you considering the purchase of a new beast, Carmax here in NVA is selling a black 03 M5 with 9k on the clock for $59,998. Their "no haggle" price is $7.5+ below suggested retail.

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
With a cpo, not a bad price... must be winter pricing- or they are dying to get such a high value car off their books.

·
Registered
648 Posts
ard said:
With a cpo, not a bad price... must be winter pricing- or they are dying to get such a high value car off their books.
As far as I know Carmax is not affiliated with BMW, and thus the car most likely does not have a CPO. The only way it could have a CPO is if it was purchased from a dealer with a CPO by a second owner and that second owner has now turned it into Carmax.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
M5Ted said:
As far as I know Carmax is not affiliated with BMW, and thus the car most likely does not have a CPO. The only way it could have a CPO is if it was purchased from a dealer with a CPO by a second owner and that second owner has now turned it into Carmax.
Correct, it's not a CPO car. It says the balance of the remaining factory warranty.

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
M5Ted said:
I know- my comment was that *IFF* it had a cpo it would be a good price. 60K w/o a cpo is just mid-retail pricing. There is ZERO difference between carmax and a private party, IMHO. Add $3800 for an extended warranty and you are back to dealer pricing- or higher.

In fact, with a private party you could easily get a dealer involved to cpo the car as part of the transaction (I did) and pick up the cpo for 1500-2000 without paying the $5k dealer mark up. Can't do that with carmax.

a

PS "IFF" = 'if and only if' ...

·
Registered
648 Posts
ard said:
I know- my comment was that *IFF* it had a cpo it would be a good price. 60K w/o a cpo is just mid-retail pricing. There is ZERO difference between carmax and a private party, IMHO. Add $3800 for an extended warranty and you are back to dealer pricing- or higher.

In fact, with a private party you could easily get a dealer involved to cpo the car as part of the transaction (I did) and pick up the cpo for 1500-2000 without paying the $5k dealer mark up. Can't do that with carmax.

a

PS "IFF" = 'if and only if' ...
Sorry for the miscommunication. I assumed that when you said "with a cpo" you meant it had a cpo. Just trying to make things clear for the board.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts