BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all with occupancy mat error messages... Monday night I ordered the Carly for BMW WiFi adapter. Downloaded the paid app (pro version) from the App Store, connected the dongle, synced to Wifi... took less than 5 minutes.
Ran diagnostic, cleared codes... dash light went out and errors disappeared from iDrive.
Thanks Carly!
Beats digging out the old Win 7 laptop with starting a VM session and booting BMTechnics, fiddling with the cables and then going through the slow DIS interface.
This is a must have app for all even if you already have your own software. It makes it soooo easy. I should have done this a long time ago.
BTW - I am not involved with this company in any manner.

·
Registered
119 Posts
i have the same app and I did not see the option to code it out BUT if you code it out you're fine, if you cleared it - it will come back.

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Is the wifi/BT dongle different than the ELM327 generics?

I have one of those. Would their software work with it? Coincidentally, I accelerated hard yesterday and the passenger occupancy mat error came up again. It's like the 4th time, it does it every time I accelerate really hard.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Interestingly, I think my fault code occurred around the time that I changed my battery, and by coincidence had a 400 lb person in my passenger seat.
Thought it could be related to either. Don't remember what the exact code was (I'll try to find it in the log I saved) but it hasn't come back.
Again, I did not code anything, just cleared the faults. Nothing has come back.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts