BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just obtained carfax history report for my BMW. They are saying that it was involved in an accident in Oregon on 12/23/2013 when the car was stored in my garage. I was deployed overseas since last and just came back last month. Also stating that the car have had 3 owners when I am the second owner of the car. I have sent a request to change there report and hopefully they fix it.

But if they don't fix it .... Any suggestions as to what should I do next? or just f*ck it and not worry about it.grrrrrrrgrrrrrrrgrrrrrrr

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
That's odd that it would say that.. I would fight it because you can probably prove you were out of the country and car was sitting in storage. That's like someone saying I have late payments on my credit report when i've paid everything on time and can prove my statement. let us know what happens.

dan

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
I understand your point. The problem with 'accident' is people assume chassis was welded back together when they see this. Friend of mine had a 550 where a kid on a bike slammed into his fender and ended up on the hood. No one got hurt but but police were involved, report was filed, fender got fixed and the carfax report said 'accident'.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Read Only
1,256 Posts
Had a similar problem on my wife's old car. She got bumped at a stop sign. Person behind her wasn't laying attention and rolled into her. about $300 respray of the bumper. Flash forward 3 or 4 years, go to sell it and car fax says "both airbags deployed" which infers a more gnarly accident. It was a PITA but got it cleared up. Got traced back to a police report that was inaccurate.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lol ^^ .... i understand both of u guys ....... but this is CarFax telling that accident happened in Oregon .... when the car was in my garage and not being driven ..... i mean really CarFax can be that stupid and get the VIN mixed up with the other car ......... its so plain stupid of them.

T

·
0 Posts
lol ^^ .... i understand both of u guys ....... but this is CarFax telling that accident happened in Oregon .... when the car was in my garage and not being driven ..... i mean really CarFax can be that stupid and get the VIN mixed up with the other car ......... its so plain stupid of them.

Maybe someone was driving your car when you were out of the country...lol.

Kidding

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
326 Posts

try to get it fixed as it can hurt when your selling your car. also i would be pissed off if my car didnt have any accident or was never involved in one and carfax says it has an accident. its just not a good feeling to be honest!

·
Read Only
1,256 Posts

What may be the cause is someone else made the mistake. They should be able to tell you the source of the misinformation (police report for example) and you get that corrected and you should be good.

·
Read Only
1,256 Posts
You can dispute it, they will clear it up for you
Good luck... they were useless for us. We had a dealer get involved and use their dealer rep to get CarFax to give us the time of day. And then they just tell you where the data came from. We had to track down the PD and get it all fixed and send the data into CarFax. Major PITA.

I'd not be surprised if someone fat fingered a VIN on an accident report somewhere and you're car was the unlucky match.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts