BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
61 - 76 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
907 Posts
Why don't you just pay them what YOU think it's worth....I'd say half would be a REALLY good deal....

·
Company representative for revosport.com
103 Posts
I'd like to thank everyone here for all comments be it good or bad. I will make sure this will NOT happen again.

I'm not sure if you guys realise, but we are not a very agressive seller on the board and there's no way we will hire anyone to write nice comments for us.

I won't say we make 100% perfectly nice products, but we are trying and hoping to achieve it one day.

I apologise for David's disappointment with us and sometimes, it's hard to keep between a customer and the company's policy. Anyhow, I hope the refund will at least justify his disappointment.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Hmmmmm......you deleted your offer to pay partially for it.......does that mean you decided to just keep it? :confused: I would hope not as in my book THAT would be screwing Revozport and be the same kind of behaviour you just spent the last week flaming them about......:dunno:

:confused::confused::confused:

Not going to wasting more time here. What a mistake.

Reactions: EM_5

·
Registered
232 Posts
Master D you got your money (fantastic)and now you have a free RH2 front splitter get some new bolts clean out the mounting holes and put it back together and slap it on the car stop being a BABY!
This is exactly why Revozport wanted him to destroy it, so they were not taken advantage of. I highly doubt it has jack to do with insurance, they just want to make sure that if they refund the guys money, he doesn't turn around and hock the part at a discount to someone and end up profiting from it.

The reality is, unless you know exactly how carbon fiber products are made, you really shouldn't be reading revozport the riot act about the product being "used". Some carbon fiber processes start with a polymer/plastic, they are wrapped with carbon fiber which is moist and stretched like a cloth material, then put into an extremely hot kiln, and the plastic/polymer is melted out as the carbon fiber bakes and hardens taking the shape of whatever the fiber was wrapped around. During that process sometimes the plastic can bead, clump, and not completely be "burned" out, at which case it can become a hardend ball, it's not uncommon. Depending on the base polymer/plastic used, it can vary in color, sometimes often it's yellow, orange, or a base black. It's very possible that clump of yellow is just residual left over from the burnout if that's in fact how this particular product was made. Often the finished product is rinsed, and cleaned to give it that shiny smooth look we all love... guess what it's rinsed with? Water.. and what does water do, it rusts metal. It probably got produced, rinsed and cleaned, and someone slapped screws in the holes, and then packaged it up where it sat on a shelf for some time. Doesn't take long to rust un-treated metal screws... to prove this, go wash your car a couple of times, and let it dry without wiping it down, then look at your brakes and rotors after a couple days .. what do you see... rust. It doesn't take long to rust metal under the right conditions.

The issue is QA didn't catch it and remove it themselves before shipping the product, but given the nature of real carbon fiber, it's a difficult material to work with at times and as such is often never "perfect". Look at your carbon fiber hoods that manufacturers sell, and tell me honestly, how many times those have fit "perfectly" from the start... I'm willing to bet that none of you can say it was exactly right, each one is slightly unique due to the way they are made and minor adjustments are often required to get them to fit properly, and to your liking. This is no different.

As far as the rust goes, that's just condensation or moisture plain and simple, it could have been caused by numerous things (like the initial cleaning for example). I'm not defending revozport, I'm just saying that **it happens sometimes. Don't just assume the product is used, or that the vendor is trying to commit insurance fraud. This part is not a machined and professionally manufactured piece of aluminum or steel that is fit through a jig, giving you a nearly perfect piece every time it gets built. Carbon Fiber usually has a lot of manual labor involved, and as such it's prone to human error or minor differences with each piece made.

Get some new screws, take a cloth and some cleaner and wipe the material down and quit your bitching, it's really not the end of the world. If you put the thing on your car after cleaning it, with some nice screws (that you will probably never see anyways because they will be under the car), then is it really that big of a deal? No. Revozport is now aware of the QA issue and provided they are a reputable business, they will do their best to rectify this so it doesn't happen again. One bad apple doesn't have to spoil the bunch, if that was the case we wouldn't have bought our M5's or any car at all, considering how many problems it's had since it was released (SMG, iDrive, VANOS etc etc), yet we're still driving them aren't we? If you plan on using the product, at the very least give revozport the raw cost for them to produce it + shipping, otherwise the only real criminal here is the buyer, not the seller.

-F

·
Registered
4,404 Posts
The reality is, unless you know exactly how carbon fiber products are made, you really shouldn't be reading revozport the riot act about the product being "used". Some carbon fiber processes start with a polymer/plastic, they are wrapped with carbon fiber which is moist and stretched like a cloth material, then put into an extremely hot kiln, and the plastic/polymer is melted out as the carbon fiber bakes and hardens taking the shape of whatever the fiber was wrapped around. During that process sometimes the plastic can bead, clump, and not completely be "burned" out, at which case it can become a hardend ball, it's not uncommon. Depending on the base polymer/plastic used, it can vary in color, sometimes often it's yellow, orange, or a base black. It's very possible that clump of yellow is just residual left over from the burnout if that's in fact how this particular product was made. Often the finished product is rinsed, and cleaned to give it that shiny smooth look we all love... guess what it's rinsed with? Water.. and what does water do, it rusts metal. It probably got produced, rinsed and cleaned, and someone slapped screws in the holes, and then packaged it up where it sat on a shelf for some time. Doesn't take long to rust un-treated metal screws... to prove this, go wash your car a couple of times, and let it dry without wiping it down, then look at your brakes and rotors after a couple days .. what do you see... rust. It doesn't take long to rust metal under the right conditions.
That is actually a very reasonable explanation. Of course, had Revosport provided a response anything similar to that in a timely manner, this thread may have gone an entirely different direction. Keep in mind that almost all (if not all) of the criticism was aimed at the customer service and vendor response and not the fact that there was a QC issue in the first place.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Com on MasterD......what's up with this? You keep posting response and then deleting them? Man up..it's YOUR thread..you started it....now you're gonna abandon it just as it's starting to get good?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Com on MasterD......what's up with this? You keep posting response and then deleting them? Man up..it's YOUR thread..you started it....now you're gonna abandon it just as it's starting to get good?

+1.

MasterD,

Now that you got your refund, the ball is on your court to at least show the forum pics of the parts destoryed. I think it is only fair to make this request.

You first claim that the Vender did you wrong, well, they made it right (the best a vender could do) by doing a 100% refund. Don't take advantage of the situation by keeping the parts and using them. If your intention is to do that, than I will say....

What goes around WILL come around, only you will know what to expect. Be a man, finish up this post that you started. Otherwise, the dirt is going to be on you for a long time.

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
+2.
+1.

MasterD,

Now that you got your refund, the ball is on your court to at least show the forum pics of the parts destoryed. I think it is only fair to make this request.

You first claim that the Vender did you wrong, well, they made it right (the best a vender could do) by doing a 100% refund. Don't take advantage of the situation by keeping the parts and using them. If your intention is to do that, than I will say....

What goes around WILL come around, only you will know what to expect. Be a man, finish up this post that you started. Otherwise, the dirt is going to be on you for a long time.

·
Registered
164 Posts
+1.

MasterD,

+3

:eek: :nono:Everyone jumped on the band wagon and started blasting the vendor as soon as a there was bad post from this lister w/o even considering hearing the otherside of the story. As it turns out, the vendor stepped up and made right (I personally think vendor acted beyond his responsibilities) and this PO turns out to be the POS!!

·
Registered
8,153 Posts
Wow just read thru the whole thread and how the tides have turned:eek:oohhh:

:M5thumbs: for Revosport for stepping up...
well as for Master D ? :dunno: ...but would like to see the pics of your front lip:hihi:

61 - 76 of 76 Posts