BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Following is my shopping experience with Revozport and I just want to share with board members. About 2 weeks ago I order a Carbon RH2 front lip from Revozport. Based on the sponsor offering, Carbon = US$470 + $100 Shipping, first I thought $570 for a Carbon Front Lip, what a great deal right? Well, took a awhile but finally got a respond from Revozport with new price, Carbon = $470 + $150 Shipping = $620. Okay, that was fine and I decided to place order. Well, he then asked me my paypal address and noticed me that 4.1% will be added on top of paypal's charge. What? :confused: Okay, fine, so my total became $645.42.

I still ordered it from Revozport because he said he have the product in stock and can ship right away. I paypal him and was expect to received it in 2 to 3 days. Cool right? Well, for the next 8 days I email him and ask for the tracking number. NO REPLY :confused:

I didn't know what to do so I place an dispute with PayPal. You know what, I finally got a reply form him 5 minutes after I placed the dispute and product was shipped next day with tracking number. Attached pictures what I received from Revozport.

What should I do? What would you do?

I am not happy with the products at all. No screws were included to install on the car. A used pulled out front lip with rusted parts is all I received. Following is what he replied:

"The screws might be rusted from oxidation but it is brand new unused for sure. I can send you a set of new screws to replace those you have. Please let me know if it is acceptable."

International Sales Manager
RevoZport Racing Technology Ltd.
[URL="http://www.revozport.com[/font][email protected]"]www.revozport.com[/font]
[EMAIL="[email protected]"][email protected][/EMAIL][/URL]

:confused::confused::confused:

At this point I made him 2 offers. 1, Revozport provide me a return label and I return the product with full refund. 2, I keep the used front lip but I want 25% charge back to my paypal account.

Following is what he reply with my PayPal dispute

"The item is brand new unused. We are happy to replace all screws for you. There're no installation instruction as it is not advice to be a DIY product. It is advice you should install by a professional installer.Unfortunately, under the this situation, we can not provide you any refund."

The front lip is still sitting in my garage. I didn't want to touch it becasue some dirty water is coming out from the hole with some smell. Also it make sound when you move it. Not sure what it is but it sounds like small rock or sand moving inside. Anyway, it was not a good shopping experience with Revozport.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
This is not the first time I'be read something negative here regarding this company. Keep the dispute going until this gets resolved.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Those are some nasty lookin' screws! Totally unacceptable!

I was just about to place an order for that lip...but will certainly hold off until I hear the outcome. :(

·
Registered
4,404 Posts
As well as being completely slimey, that is just insulting! Did they think you were not going to notice? Pretty supid on their part as a board member just visited their operation and gave them a nice write up. They had all this good will with members of this board which they just flushed down the toilet. I would imagine they have just lost several sales b/c of this post.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It was my mistake ordering from Revozport all because I wanted a black carbon front lip to match the mirrors and tried to save few hundred dollars. $300 to $500 more I could buy a genuine Hartge, Hamann or Vorsteiner Front splitters with warranty, brand new, fits perfectly and after all feels good about it.
Afterthought: If you own a car worth $100,000 or more and you are shopping for after market parts, BUY GENUINE PRODUCTS at Reputable Dealer in Your Region ONLY. Saving few hundred dollars in exchange of stress and possible brain damage like I am having is not worth it at all.

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
What's going on with the board sponsors these days? First the AA fitment situation and now this. Is business that bad with the slow economy that they have to rip us off? Scratch another vendor off my list. I don't know about you guys, but when I read this crap I will not do business with these vendors, period. Even if the situation finally gets resolved, its not worth the hassle. You would have thought these vendors would learn. Did they not read the AA thread? I promise AA is losing customers.

·
Company representative for revosport.com
103 Posts
First of all, I apologise for the rusted screws, as this is a stock item and the screws might be oxidised while storing it however, it is definitely NOT a used product. If it is, we will not only refund full but pay double refund of the price of the product.

With David's case, we will replace ALL the bad screws and if it doesn't fit, we will at our expenses send him a new one. However, we have not been notify of any smell or noise that's been made before this dispute is being brought to the forum.

Here's the story;

1. On 15/4/08 (Tuesday) - You made an order with us for the RH2 front splitter of which we have in stock.

2. We arranged shipment for the products through DHL Air Express to you on 21/4/08 (Monday) becos there was a holiday on Friday the same week.

3. 23/4/08 - We received your complaint about not receiving the products, we replied and said it's been sent already and provided you the tracking number.

4. 24/4/08 - You replied and said you received the products and
mentioned that the screws were all rusted and no installation manual therefore you request a 20% refund or otherwise return and full refund.

5. 24/4/08 - We replied you explaining why the screws went rusted and suggested we replace them all for you. However, under our refund policy, we only refund if the product is defective or proven unfit, otherwise we can only replace instead of refund.

6. 24/4/08 - The same was emailed to you.

7. 28/4/08 - We were notified by Gustav of this thread and start responding.

As a sponsor of this forum, everyone of you are important. Having sent to a customer with rusted screws is for sure unacceptable, no doubt about that. We can only admit to the mistake and try rectify the problem so that the mistakes will not be repeated,

But since these screws are replacable and if you really can not accept us replacing the screws then can you please suggest us what is a fair resolution?

·
Registered
907 Posts
So MasterD....you are stating that it was shipped on the 10th day from when you ordered.

Revozport is stating it was shipped on the 6th day from the day ordered.....

WTF? Someone is full of Sh*t here...

AND

Revozport....

If that pic is an accurate representation of what you sent...you need to generate him a label and send him another piece NOW....

A piece getting out of your shop with THOSE screws in it is a MAJOR Fu*k UP.....as in my eyes it's PROOF that at a minimum that piece sat somewhere subjected to too MUCH moisture for a REALLY long time......Fix it NOW ..... if he wants another piece..SEND ONE and kick someones *** for letting that one out....because if their is a grain of truth about his believing it is used or has water in it or a smell....then you need that back in your shop ASAP.....it's called DAMAGE CONTROL .

MasterD.....I think you used POOR judgement asking for a discount...either the piece is up to snuff or it's not....and WHO told you it was going to ship from Hong Kong in TWO or three days?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Following is the message I received from RevoZport today.

"What I am asking is just for you to understand that we can’t refund based on the screws being rusted because they are replacable parts. If you find the parts not fit, then please send us some pictures of it demonstrating it doesn’t fit. We will then assess it and possibly refund it to you. The 2 screws you mentioned are not used to attach to the car, the RH2 is consisted of 2 separate piece and the 2 screws you found rusted are use to hold the 2 piece together."

:confused::confused::confused:

There are total of 4 screws already attached to hold the 2 pieces together not 2 screws. There are total of 6 holes in RH2 to attach to the car which I expected 6 screws along with the package but not found. I am not sure if it fits perfectly but I tried to tape it on my car just to check if it fit. Well, it was not very straight but I think it might fit after screw to the car. Not sure, but I am 100% certain the RH2 I received is not a brand new one.

I don't know why he thinks by replacing these screws is acceptable for his customers. I don't think he understand. For example, one day you went shopping for a brand new Taylormade Driver and by the time you brought home, open the box and you found out the screws attached to the driver is rusted like the one I received from Revozport. Do you bring it back to the golf shop and ask for new screws? Hell NO! I think most of us want it refunded or exchanged. No questions asked. The only reason I asked for discount is because Revozport is located in Hong Kong but I prefer exchange or full refund. I thought I was being nice but discount is no longer an option for Revozport.

I JUST WANT IT FULL REFUND WITH RETURN LABEL PROVIDED.

I will escalade the dispute with PayPal tomorrow if no answer received from Revozport.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
CBarton,

Revozport is located in Hong Kong and if you run a business that require international shipping with DHL or UPS, you should know it only takes 1 to 3 days to arrived to your door.

Fri 4/11/2008 9:22 PM

David,
We have it in stock and can send to you Monday. Please kindly give me your paypal address and please note that we’ll be adding 4.1% on top for paypal’s charge."

Invoice was received on Monday 4/14/2008 at 9:52 PM and was paid in full same day. (4/15/2008 in Hong Kong)
<O:pTracking Number was Received from Revozport on Wed 4/23/2008 at 12:31AM
Package arrived on 4/24/2008

Delay my shipment wasn't really a big deal for me if nothing was wrong with the product. I am still waiting for the Racemesh grill I ordered one month ago and it's fine with me because they told me at first it required up to 6 weeks. Hey, I am just here to share my Revozport experience with board members. Isn't that the purpose of this forum?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Even if MasterD were to get another set of screws, it seems like a drive over one puddle of water and the screws are going to end up looking like those in the picture.

I'm not expert in rust, but shouldn't revozsport be selecting a screw material that doesn't rust or corrode as easily...???

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
MasterD. Thank you for sharing your experience with us... and yes, this is why the forums are here; For us to share experiences with fellow enthusiasts.

With that being said, I would say to give Revozport a chance to rectify the situation. If you can see that the piece is in brand new condition (no scratches, chips, scuffs), perhaps you can accept the new screws and a discount? It is unacceptable that the piece has water and sand/rocks inside. I don't know how this piece somehow got submerged in water. Perhaps it is DHLs fault? Maybe you guys can work out the discount and you can drain the smelly water, as Carbon Fiber is not corrosive. FWIW, I hear that Vorsteiner products don't fit 100% either. Just my .02.

And 168 may be right. Get the screws at your local hardware store. That way, you can get high grade stainless steel ones. Then you can get a discount for your lip (if it is brand new condition) and somehow clean it out. I hope the Revozport is taking notes and inspect their stuff before it goes out.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Hey MasterD,

Sorry if I came off a little rough......

So.........

Revozport.......WTF? I think the analogy with the Taylor Mades is a GOOD one....Apparently you guys don't even know the time or dates of payment and shipping right.......and that pisses me off when a vendor tells me something OTHER than the truth....WHAT are you guys gonna do to make this right?

I want to know as I WAS considering purchasing from you as well?

Well?

CBarton,

Revozport is located in Hong Kong and if you run a business that require international shipping with DHL or UPS, you should know it only takes 1 to 3 days to arrived to your door.

Fri 4/11/2008 9:22 PM

David,
We have it in stock and can send to you Monday. Please kindly give me your paypal address and please note that we’ll be adding 4.1% on top for paypal’s charge."

Invoice was received on Monday 4/14/2008 at 9:52 PM and was paid in full same day. (4/15/2008 in Hong Kong)
<O:pTracking Number was Received from Revozport on Wed 4/23/2008 at 12:31AM
Package arrived on 4/24/2008

Delay my shipment wasn't really a big deal for me if nothing was wrong with the product. I am still waiting for the Racemesh grill I ordered one month ago and it's fine with me because they told me at first it required up to 6 weeks. Hey, I am just here to share my Revozport experience with board members. Isn't that the purpose of this forum?

Reactions: MasterD

·
Registered
288 Posts
I agree with EM_5. Let Revo try to rectify the situation. I think they should replace it though and not just send new screws. And like others say, you might want to replace those screws anyway if they're going to rust like that. Revo might want to use different ones too.

·
Registered
4,404 Posts
So MasterD....you are stating that it was shipped on the 10th day from when you ordered.

Revozport is stating it was shipped on the 6th day from the day ordered.....

WTF? Someone is full of Sh*t here...

AND

Revozport....

If that pic is an accurate representation of what you sent...you need to generate him a label and send him another piece NOW....

A piece getting out of your shop with THOSE screws in it is a MAJOR Fu*k UP.....as in my eyes it's PROOF that at a minimum that piece sat somewhere subjected to too MUCH moisture for a REALLY long time......Fix it NOW ..... if he wants another piece..SEND ONE and kick someones *** for letting that one out....because if their is a grain of truth about his believing it is used or has water in it or a smell....then you need that back in your shop ASAP.....it's called DAMAGE CONTROL .

MasterD.....I think you used POOR judgement asking for a discount...either the piece is up to snuff or it's not....and WHO told you it was going to ship from Hong Kong in TWO or three days?
There are two and only two acceptable resolutions to this -- and MasterD should be offerred his choice between the two: (i) send him a return label and fully refund his purchase price or (ii) send him out a new piece ASAP along with a return label to send back the defective item you sent him.

It is absolutely unacceptable to suggest that you send him new screws to replace the rusted ones. That type of customer service might fly with others, but you are going to have a hell of a lot of trouble selling products to a customer base such as this board with that type of attitude. You guys could learn a ton from vendors like RPI, ESS and ASR -- now they know how to run a business. As a result, they seem to be selling a nice amount of their products on this board with members anxiously awaiting the new offerings. How is others just don't get it? I wonder if the key is having a three letter acronym for your name?:3:

Reactions: MasterD and BD 997

·
Registered
4,404 Posts
What's going on with the board sponsors these days? First the AA fitment situation and now this. Is business that bad with the slow economy that they have to rip us off? Scratch another vendor off my list. I don't know about you guys, but when I read this crap I will not do business with these vendors, period. Even if the situation finally gets resolved, its not worth the hassle. You would have thought these vendors would learn. Did they not read the AA thread? I promise AA is losing customers.
+1. I will never do business with these companies regardless of the resolution of the issues at hand. Mistakes happen (although this one is a major one) with everyone. The key is to see how companies handle the situation when it happens to them. On a scall of 1 to 10, Revozport's grade ina big fat 0 on this one.

·
Registered
501 Posts
But since these screws are replacable and if you really can not accept us replacing the screws then can you please suggest us what is a fair resolution?
You guys work on a lot of high end cars. Why would you let something leave your factory looking like that?? Your products are supposed to represent your company and what it stands for. Would you display that product on your website with those screws?? You should make little extra baggies with brand new screws for every item you send out.

P.S. I have screws in my garage sitting for 5 years and guess what? NO RUST!!!!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
No reply from Revozport yet, I think he is too busy taking orders. Well, I am going to escalade this dispute with PayPal after post. Maybe he will respond sooner. I am not gonna wait for respond anymore. Always respond few days later. Not a good vendor for online business. Too much time have wasted for few hundred dollars. I am not rich but definitely not a beggar. Screw you Revozport.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts