BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know if these are real carbon tops or just laminate over the top? Looking for improvement of intake noise

Thanks

·
Registered
54 Posts
I sell those as well...

Mine are top removed, 2mm new carbonfiber topshell... so that way youll get the sound!!!!

just laminating will do nothing but looks....

Sound? oooooooh yes!!!

·
Registered
651 Posts
Go with open velocity stacks if you want some real intake sound...

·
Registered
38 Posts
I sell those as well...

Mine are top removed, 2mm new carbonfiber topshell... so that way youll get the sound!!!!

Sound? oooooooh yes!!!
Belong78... Have you ever made them as single piece? I've seen some on the forum made as a single plenum. If so would you consider making the top section of the box removable?

·
Registered
50 Posts
What I'd like to fab-up one day, or see someone else design is a compact base for each bank that you can get your hands and tools around easily, and then the STD profile top fit on to them.

I just took the plenums off my S85 for the first time and what a dog of a job it was. What were they thinking back then with a ~2hr job to remove/replace the air intake!

·
Registered
651 Posts
I just took the plenums off my S85 for the first time and what a dog of a job it was. What were they thinking back then with a ~2hr job to remove/replace the air intake!
Not sure what tools you used but I found it best to use a flexible extension with a drill attachment. They zip right off and you can bend the extension around things. (Ie coolant tank)

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
I sell those as well...

Sound? oooooooh yes!!!
Link to more info? Price?

·
Registered
696 Posts
looks good

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Im getting some conflicting reports on these, some say with eventuri intakes it drowns out the noise

can anyone say for sure if these sound really good or save your money?

·
Registered
170 Posts
What I'd like to fab-up one day, or see someone else design is a compact base for each bank that you can get your hands and tools around easily, and then the STD profile top fit on to them.

2 hours job you must be doing something wrong

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
1400 , and we supply the airbox!
1. I have extra airboxes, what is the price if I supply them?

2. Who is "we"? :) Do you have a web page?

·
Registered
54 Posts
1. I have extra airboxes, what is the price if I supply them?

2. Who is "we"? :) Do you have a web page?

Pricewise thats it, as we have 7 spare boxes laying around we dont have need for more (for now )

Ive got 352523 pictures of every angle to show how 100% perfect the finish is, you wont be able to tell that this is an aftermarket piece i can guarantee you this.. if you need pictures just let me know..

cheerio

1 - 20 of 34 Posts