BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
I would like to see a black finish, should look good as I find the current wood finishes not sporty enough for the 6 series especially the m6
However the pricetag is very high

·
Registered
342 Posts

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
I don't care for that look, carbon needs to be black to suit the M6's character.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Call me weird, but for me the whole naked carbon fiber look is over. Too many ricers dressing up their cars with CF trim, hoods, scoops, vents, buttons, shifters, wings, air dams, etc.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Call me weird too.

Well this orange carbon as actually been taken to extremes, hurt the eyes, but I saw dark blue carbon that was very nice before, maybe I have a picture somewhere, I'll check

Rob

·
Moderator Emeritus
907 Posts
I often wonder what the people at Hamaan are thinking.

How they come up with their designs is beyond me...they are so painfully displeasing to the eye!

The only cars I think they "got right" were the Ferrari 360 modena, and the Lamborghini Gallardo.

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Alfred's right - that is ugly (and the exterior's even worse).

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
alpinadvl said:
I often wonder what the people at Hamaan are thinking.
This is actually a pretty easy question, at least in terms of the CF. Many people think it makes their car look better, look faster, etc. Somehow, their car is faster, badder, more kickass because they have it. Look at any stock engined ricer with a fart pipe, 2 foot tall wing, and a CF hood. Add in that several of the hotter, higher end cars come with CF trim, or even panels and the majority of the car, and this adds to the impression that it must be better. So, to show how much better the car is, show the CF. "See, I have a CF hood, just like the McLaren! And check out my CF trimpanels inside! Isn't my car kewl?!"

So, Hamaan is just answering the call of their customers, or potential customers.

If I were to get a M6.. the first thing I would do is take it and get the roof painted to match the rest of the exterior. Hopefully BMW will give owners this very option.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Not my taste, but CF if applied judiciously, does look quite nice. IMO, It is for trim, not a whole panel.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The car in Geneva is equipped with a CF-trim. It looks very cool !
Prices are unknown so far but they will offer starting this summer ! Pictures to follow asap.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
mapower said:
IMO it looks far better than the wood or the piano finish.

but that's a matter of taste...
Maybe it's just the flashlight of the camera, which gives the carbon that ugly silver sparkling look. I actually like carbon!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts