BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
Re: Canrbon fibre interior [email protected]

That's the cleanest interior I've seen on an 'M' car so far. I take it that the 'close-up' shot of the carbon console is brighter than you would see it because of the flash. Is the 'grain' of the carbon that evident in person?

I think this interior with the silver exterior is the way to go for me. Low maintenance for sure.

·
Registered
13,638 Posts

It certainly looks better than that orange Hamann carbon interior.

·
Registered
816 Posts

Good that they're offering the choice of carbon fibre, at least. I doubt I'll get it. Looks very sporty, and is it really that "glossy"?

It's purely an aesthetics choice, nothing more.

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
enjoymentman said:
if thats the way it looks in real life, I think it is hideous ??????
Yeah, after thinking about it, I can't believe it's that 'in your face - look at me I'm carbon fiber and I'm gonna overwhelm everything else in the car' in real life. I'm hoping it's muted, but if it looks like this, I'll opt for something else.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
The reason for using carbon fiber is the weight reduction ,not the look of it.
The new "fashion" of using carbon as an alternative for wood or alloy trim is plain silly.

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
Just because something is primarily used for weight reduction doesn't mean it can't be used as interior trim. Take aluminum for instance.

I think carbon fiber, if done right looks very good, and is a fine interior trim. If you think the carbon fiber roof on the M6 is done primarily for weight reduction, you underestimate the influence of the BMW marketing division.

·
Registered
457 Posts
I just had a conversation with my dealer concerning the M6 carbon fibre interior shown in Geneva. After consulting BMW M GmbH my dealer told me that the trim is not made of carbon fribre! It is called 'Gitter Galvanik Utenium'; some sort of plastic (carbon imitation), I guess. It costs 810,-- € and delivery time is delayed by 10-12 weeks, due to BMW Individual manufacture.

·
Registered
178 Posts
vndkshn said:
I can't get over how bad it looks. If it wasn't so shiny, it might be ok, but it definately is way to loud and shiny.
It is very very shiny - usually the carbon fibre does not have such reflections I believe (in fact seems is not real carbon fibre).
Here is a picture I took last Saturday in Geneva.
Regards
Alex

Attachments

·
Registered
75 Posts
vndkshn said:
I can't get over how bad it looks. If it wasn't so shiny, it might be ok, but it definately is way to loud and shiny.
It's likely because of the flash photography. It would be good if someone could take semi-professional picture.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts