BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WHERE CAN I BUY CARBON FIBER WRAP TO COVER WOOD ? Im willing to trade/swap also for piano blk or aluminum-
Thanks

·
Registered
52 Posts
Just google "di-noc". It's one of the better wraps and made by 3M so you can find it everywhere.

·
Registered
52 Posts

·
Registered
933 Posts
why dont you remove the wood trim, take it to a local body shop and have it painted gloss black aka piano black?

that would be cheapest, smartest, quickest!

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Ajax will probably not make any new friends with this question, but why in the world would anybody want to cover fine hardwood with a plastic film of fake carbon fiber, that has no depth, and that anyone can easily tell is not the real thing? That would be akin to wearing a leather jacket made of Naugahyde or buying your girlfriend a "diamond" ring that was just cut glass. Ajax likes the real carbon fiber trim in his M6, as well as the CF roof. If BMW had just put carbon fiber shelf paper on these surfaces instead of the genuine article, that would have been an atrocity IAUO.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I think it has something to do with the reason why some people drink bourbon instead of single malt scotch. :)

At least di-noc is reversible.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Ajax will probably not make any new friends with this question, but why in the world would anybody want to cover fine hardwood with a plastic film of fake carbon fiber, that has no depth, and that anyone can easily tell is not the real thing? That would be akin to wearing a leather jacket made of Naugahyde or buying your girlfriend a "diamond" ring that was just cut glass. Ajax likes the real carbon fiber trim in his M6, as well as the CF roof. If BMW had just put carbon fiber shelf paper on these surfaces instead of the genuine article, that would have been an atrocity IAUO.
I've never hunted a, "Nauga" before. Keep it genuine. :cheers:

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
I've never hunted a, "Nauga" before. Keep it genuine. :cheers:
Roger that. In fact, when hunting Naugas, a heart shot is futile. The creature has no heart!

Reactions: MKSixer

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
I assume you refuse to date women who are enhanced with plastic, too?
Due to Ajax's support of the petrochemical industry, chicks get a special exemption from the rule.

Attachments

Reactions: MKSixer and tmiked

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Due to Ajax's support of the petrochemical industry, chicks get a special exemption from the rule.
Now that's what I call better living through chemistry! :haha::haha::haha::haha::haha:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts