BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hello everybody,
i'm thinking about putting carbon fiber wheels on my car.what do you guys think? has anyone done it? any pics? thanks

·
8,369 Posts
I am not aware of anyone here yet that has Carbon Fiber Wheels.
I think that would be awesome.

I only saw Carbon Fiber Rims in person once. It was on a Porsche.
And my understanding is - It's about $10K a piece.

I think that would be really cool and you will the first one to have a set to my knowledge.
Kindly share photos once you get them done.

And once you have them put on - never leave your car parked unattended or always carry something to protect yourself as a lot of bad guys out there would want to take that away from you.

hello everybody,
i'm thinking about putting carbon fiber wheels on my car.what do you guys think? has anyone done it? any pics? thanks

·
Registered
85 Posts
DYMAG makes them as well as HRE now, but more like 10k a set not 10k a wheel

·
Registered
4,597 Posts

·
Registered
3,263 Posts

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Ah yes...long day for me :confused3

For carbon wheels, HRE makes an unbelievable set but it will set you back a used scion.

What's the weight savings? I know the 360 Forged carbon fiber rims were just for cosmetics and provided no weight savings...

-b.

·
Company Representative for Jlevi StreetWerks
1,005 Posts
What's the weight savings? I know the 360 Forged carbon fiber rims were just for cosmetics and provided no weight savings...

-b.
For comparison:

Forged Aluminum Wheel Weight:
19” x 9” = 23 lbs.
19” x 12” = 26 lbs.

HRE Carbon Series
19” x 9” = 17 lbs.
19” x 12” = 20 lbs.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
For comparison:

Forged Aluminum Wheel Weight:
19” x 9” = 23 lbs.
19” x 12” = 26 lbs.

HRE Carbon Series
19” x 9” = 17 lbs.
19” x 12” = 20 lbs.
I'm pretty happy with my recent order of the 20" AC Schnitzer Type V Monoblocks.. They're a bit lighter than the weights you gave above for the forged aluminum. Of course, they are quite expensive and just a few grand more could put you in carbon fiber territory (if the previous posts of $10k a set were accurate).

Any time you can move up to 20" and actually realize a weight savings, you've raped, looted and pillaged (and got away with it). :applause:

Be cool to see these HREs on an M6 (if someone here pulls the trigger...)

-b.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Any time you can move up to 20" and actually realize a weight savings, you've raped, looted and pillaged (and got away with it). :applause:
This is the funniest thing I have read on this board, ever. With your permission, I would like to add this to my signature.

Reactions: carrisco

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
No problem... I think I was "on one" (or a few) that night but I refuse to disclose details.. :)

-b.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts