BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The M6 in Gustav's wonderful Geneva report has some very nice looking Carbon Fiber trim. I think this would look much better in the M5 than the standard wood or silver metal trim we have seen so far.

Does anyone know if the carbon fiber trim is availible on the M5?

Thanks
Francesco
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
49,477 Posts
In real life the carbon looked very good and suited the M6 (wwith its roof) very nice. Also, flash / non flash can make it look differant than in real life.

http://www.m6board.com/articles.php?id=29

I liked it alot and I hope it is avail. through Individual, at least. Remember US customers: if you just talk to the right person you will be able to ahve any Individual option in USA that are avail. elsewhere.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
Saw the carbon fibre interior on a black 535D with M5 styling.....did not look good at all...in fact quite garish and cheap. I think it was just too light in colour compared to the rest of the interior.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
540 Posts
Saigon said:
Saw the carbon fibre interior on a black 535D with M5 styling.....did not look good at all...in fact quite garish and cheap. I think it was just too light in colour compared to the rest of the interior.
Seeing as BMW does not off Carbon Fibre trim on any car at the moment ( they are only considering it for the M6 at the moment ), what you saw was probably fake carbon fibre that looks very cheap.

If it was a 535d it the M sport pack, thats not carbon fibre but silver "Aluminium cube" interior
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
520 Posts
I saw a 545i at Melbourne with the Alum Cube look - seems the same as the M6 in Geneva(?). Not a look you could easily live with IMO - gives you a headache looking at it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
540 Posts
mhh said:
I saw a 545i at Melbourne with the Alum Cube look - seems the same as the M6 in Geneva(?). Not a look you could easily live with IMO - gives you a headache looking at it.
First picture is Aluminium cube, which is silver plastic with a cubic imprint, second pic is the M6 with carbon fibre, very different. Carbon Fibre is black



 

·
Registered
Joined
·
520 Posts
SuperBMW said:
First picture is Aluminium cube, which is silver plastic with a cubic imprint, second pic is the M6 with carbon fibre, very different. Carbon Fibre is black
You are quite right. Not mad on either, I'm afraid, but the cube beats the carbon.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,638 Posts
I've seen the Aluminium Cube trim in a 535d sport and it's really nasty :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,886 Posts
SuperBMW said:
First picture is Aluminium cube, which is silver plastic with a cubic imprint, second pic is the M6 with carbon fibre, very different. Carbon Fibre is black



Why, why, why???? Aaaaargh!

Sorry, I just don't understand the people that come up with these interiors. It seems that the interior design people have decided their job is to shock the customer into some new design paradigm that only they appreciate. The only interior I've seen on an M car that is reasonable is Black/Piano Black on the M6. How many people will pay $100,000 for a car if they don't like the interior?
 

·
Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
2,823 Posts
Forget the carbon fiber. It doesn't look good in anything, and is way out of place in a premium four-door car. Just let people who like the aluminum look have that option and give the rest of us SEVERAL decent wood choices.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
MRichmond said:
Forget the carbon fiber. It doesn't look good in anything, and is way out of place in a premium four-door car. Just let people who like the aluminum look have that option and give the rest of us SEVERAL decent wood choices.
But wouldn't it be nice if we could all have what we wanted. You can have your wood and I can have my carbon fiber. I really dislike wood against the very modern look of the 5 series dash. And the aluminium looks unfinished.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
Looking at the pictures, both the cube and carbon fibre are quite shocking...my head hurts just looking at the pix.
I think the aluminium insert goes better than the wood in the interior, though this is not the standard combo when you order.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,419 Posts
We get Black Alum Cube here in Oz and it looks really cheap and Nasty. That silcer cube wood make you dizzy looking at it. :3:

Carbon fibre does not photo well. It looks better in real life, however if you have too much of it, it can over power.

I would like to see another option. I'm not sure what it is called, perhaps Shadowline? The side pillars of my beast are painted in the this Glossy Black mirror type finish.

I like Alum, but it finger prints badly and you get nervous cleaning it, so you won't scratch it.

Some of the Individual woods are nice but lend to a more Luxury environment rather than a sports environment.

So I guess it depends on which angle you want your beast to display more, 1. Sports or 2. Luxury.

MJ
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,886 Posts
MIB said:
We get Black Alum Cube here in Oz and it looks really cheap and Nasty. That silcer cube wood make you dizzy looking at it. :3:

Carbon fibre does not photo well. It looks better in real life, however if you have too much of it, it can over power.

I would like to see another option. I'm not sure what it is called, perhaps Shadowline? The side pillars of my beast are painted in the this Glossy Black mirror type finish.

I like Alum, but it finger prints badly and you get nervous cleaning it, so you won't scratch it.

Some of the Individual woods are nice but lend to a more Luxury environment rather than a sports environment.

So I guess it depends on which angle you want your beast to display more, 1. Sports or 2. Luxury.

MJ
Check out the 'Piano Black' trim on BMW individual - that may be what you're talking about. It will be offered as a standard option on the M6 I hear.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,638 Posts
Piano Black is nice but will show up scratches & fingerprints like nothing else.
 
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Top