BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A fellow member...(Hey Diny!)...requested photos of my new carbon fiber rear diffuser setup with new Flo Pro quad 3.5" tips which are slightly bigger than the previous tips...I'm running a Britalman x-pipe and Borla XR-1 race mufflers, sounds similar to a x-pipe/Kelleners setup maybe a bit deeper.

For those wondering...yes this is the Ebay CF diffuser (that I then modified)...quality is pretty good but the tabs need to be carefully modified/sanded with a Dremel to fit correctly, its like 97% there in terms of the fit.

Thanks! :)

Attachments

·
Registered
8,153 Posts
Very nice...G and i love the blacked out emblem :cheers:

·
Registered
9,355 Posts
Nice! I like what you did with the center piece as well, nice adaptation from your previous diffuser.

I like the tips, too! Are they the same style as the ones from your previous setup (but bigger)?

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks...

Yep, Diny you are right...the overall look is very similar to before...but the tips are bigger...the diffuser is carbon fiber...and the center vent has more detail.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Got a link to ebay for the diffuser? I know some people have had major problems with diffusers off of ebay.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Looks very nice. Do you have a sound clip of your exhaust?

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
dude....

your car is atrociously good looking :thumbsup:

- Tim

·
Registered
694 Posts
AtlantaM5,

that is perfect. I live in charlotte and in atl often. I ran into thunderbird about 3 weeks ago. Please let me know if you ever find the contact for that diffuser. thanks.

·
Registered
6,958 Posts
Hotness. Next time I'm in Atlanta, I want to look you/this car up...:thumbsup:

Dave

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Thanks! :cheers:

I actually bought the CF rear diffuser a long time ago...can't remember the exact seller on Ebay, but it was the only seller from Atlanta that sold carbon fiber stuff...not sure if he's still around.

To my knowledge there might be two different (or more) makers of OEM style carbon fiber diffusers, some might fit better than others but not really sure.

I'm used to using a Dremel, so I was able to modify it to fit pretty good by sanding/grinding the tabs just right, might could use a bit more work to fit flush on the top horizontal seam but it is workable.

As for the jet black M5 logo on the trunk...I bought a replacement factory badge that was then carefully taped off and painted by my body shop...then I put it on...turned out pretty nice.

I need to get a sound clip of the exhaust...sounds pretty wicked. :)

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
G: Makes me drool every time lovelove

BTW: Did you DIY your blacked-out M5 emblems?

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks...the blacked out M5 emblem was actually done by my body shop in jet black and clear coated...I could have done a DIY but it would have been more like a flat/satin black.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts