BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Carbon black is available with the E60 M-Package... I saw one at my local dealer. Nice color again. It's a pitty it's "individual" for the M5.

By the way, I didn't like the sports package. It looks pretty cheap...

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
BMW found that the "imitation" E39 M5's (a.k.a. Sport models) were good sellers so they've repeated the story with the E60. I haven't seen any sport E60s.

You're right about the colours - all the basic E60 M5 colours are poor in my opinion. Either BMW are very stupid (lost the colours plot completely) or very clever (forcing everyone to pay tons extra for Individual) :confused:

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This appears to be a sequel to the estoril blue of the M3 E36. You couldn't get the color for the M3 E46 (some managed to get it as an individual color) but it was available for the standard E46 with the M-package. :confused:

One could explain this as top-down: The cool colors start at the top and descend to the rest.

Okay, colors get old. But why isn't there a new cool black for the M5? Saphire black is pretty plain and conservative. And there even is no jet black. :confused:

I don't think, that too many buyers will order individual. But the ratio of the individuals :hihihi: will definitely get higher.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Ashok Arora said:
BMW found that the "imitation" E39 M5's (a.k.a. Sport models) were good sellers so they've repeated the story with the E60. I haven't seen any sport E60s.

You're right about the colours - all the basic E60 M5 colours are poor in my opinion. Either BMW are very stupid (lost the colours plot completely) or very clever (forcing everyone to pay tons extra for Individual) :confused:
I think it's to force buyers into Individual, you are right about the standard colours - they are indeed STANDARD! Personally, I think M sports package on non-M cars look a bit too "imitation-ish".

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
Ashok Arora said:
Agreed. I am disapointed in the basic colour offering for the E60 M5. The E39 colour palette was way better. With BMW moving the E60 M5 up market, they should bury or include the cost of a much wider range of colours so some of the more popular Individual colours were standard.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts