BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to take the plunge on getting my OEM wheels refinished. Half of me thinks the car looks better with the Hyper Silver, but the other half says Shadow Chrome is the way to go. I currently have my grill painted carbon black and I plan on putting some smoked out (white sections only) rear lights in soon. What do you guys and gals think???? :dunno: TIA.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I'm not sure what the difference is between hyper silver and shadow chrome, but I thought the SC was not available as a color in the US?

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not sure what the difference is between hyper silver and shadow chrome, but I thought the SC was not available as a color in the US?
There is wheel repair guy here that says he can get preety close to that color, but not an exact match.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Can you post an example of hyper silver so we can make a comparison?
:cheers:

·
Registered
271 Posts
I have a carbon black beast and think the shadow chrome is a great compliment to that color. I soon need to do something with my wheels as the finish is wearing in some places and I'm likely to either get these wheels refinished in as close to shadow chrome as I can or buy replacement factory wheels in shadow chrome.

Let me know how your refinisher does if you go the "close to shadow chrome" route.

Mike

·
Registered
939 Posts
I have seen the Hyper Silver type wheels pop up occasionally on Ebay. Personally, I think they are a little to blingy (shiny) for me.

I do prefer the SC, but I have also seen a few ads occasionally for gun metal color wheels. This is a bit darker than SC, but I think would like pretty good on Carbon Black.

:cheers:

·
Registered
446 Posts
I'm gonna keep mine shadow chrome when I get em redone. I'm ALL about keeping it as original as possible.

Boring I know, but hey.....I think they got it right in all respects....except for the exhaust.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I agree, the Shadow Chrome looks perfect on a CB car. I have also seen the full chrome wheels on the cars and it also looks awesome.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Has anyone seen like a dark grey gunmetal (I guess) matte finish on Carbon?

I have been thinking of that.

The other night when I was really drunk, I was thinking I would do bronze to match the caramel interior. I quickly got over that thought when I sobered up. ouich

·
Registered
375 Posts
What about black? I am contemplating this on my Jet Black. I think user "louv" (?) has black on CB and it looks really aggro and put together .

Eric

·
Registered
988 Posts
Mine is Carbon Black w/Shadow Chrome..its a great combo..The Hyper Silver looks a little too "blingy" for my personal tastes...but damn near anything looks good..Ive seen pics with the black with the red outer rim, and it looks kinda cool also..S

·
Registered
25 Posts
Standard SC on carbon black is an unbeatable look. That's what I'm searching for and a subtle lowering of around 30-35mm will finish off the look nicely :)

·
Registered
375 Posts
Yep, I have now changed my tune after seeing some more blk/blk pics. I am glad I didn't impulsively get my OEMs powdercoated like I was just about to. Off to search for more wheels! Take care.

E

1 - 20 of 23 Posts