BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Looks great :thumbsup:

Let us know when you need some advice about getting rid of swirl marks...

·
Registered
251 Posts
That's a nice effect. Great color choice and car! And since you're on a roll with posting pics, would you mind posting a few of that beautiful Indianapolis Red interior under natural lighting conditions (no camera flash)? I've ordered Indy Red but have only seen pics which were not very accurate since the flash was too intense.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
masmole said:
That's a nice effect. Great color choice and car! And since you're on a roll with posting pics, would you mind posting a few of that beautiful Indianapolis Red interior under natural lighting conditions (no camera flash)? I've ordered Indy Red but have only seen pics which were not very accurate since the flash was too intense.
Masmole - it's not Indi red - it's Amarone. Here are some pics: http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=58902

·
Registered
251 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
sydl said:
I'm surprised how blue it gets in direct sun!
I always thought it should have been called "Midnight Blue" or something like that to emphasize its blue character. Oh well. Just a stunning colour in any event!

Best regards,

·
Registered
156 Posts
Great color combination.For the longest time I was intent on ordering an Indi red interior to go with my Saphire black exterior. I was having second thoughts lately so I asked the local dealer to call me when he had any vehicles with a red interior.When I did get to see a vehicle(roadster) I changed my mind and decided to go with the more common look black perforated interior with ventilation.Granted it would be nice to have a vehicle that is different,however,I could not get past the contrast of red seats with black carpet.My E39 M5 Lemans blue with caramel interior has the same color carpet as the seats .To me that is a much more naturally flowing appearance.I have decided to go with the aluminum interior.I also feel that for resale purposes it will be easier to sell black/black in this part of the country.I hope I don't regret my color choice.:confused2

·
Registered
49,476 Posts
It looks great fro mthat angle, and Carbon black is ineed an M5 classic colour after the E39 M5. I would not be urprised if Carbon Black is the top three colour for the E39 M5.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts