BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am booking my car in to have a light smoke tint fitted, this is about 50% so tint and not dark/privacy

Any piccies of CB cars with similar fiitted tints ?

Tks
:3:

·
Registered
962 Posts
I think this is probably the tint I went for. Though mine may have been 40%. I'll try and get some pic tonight.

Cheers
dan

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Going into amateur pharmaceuticals are we Adrian? :hihi:

·
Registered
962 Posts
Ashok Arora said:
Going into amateur pharmaceuticals are we Adrian? :hihi:
Don't listen to him mate, tint is the way to go :haha:

Having said that nobody on here has seen my new crome mesh grill fitted hmmm I'm not sure if its too pimpy yet.

>>Ashok, I need to pop over with your Ormond-st dosh some time.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Adrian, my gallery has a few photos with the 38% at the front and SPG at the rear.

Dan - took my black mesh grilles off before selling the car - too max power for my liking, not sure whether the new owner liked them or not.

Roger

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
I think you should reconsider, 50 percent is next to nothing, if you want to keep it light go 35 percent thats still legal most places.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Guys thanks for the piccies, the car goes in next week :) Lookin forward to seeing some more posted.

Ashok, don't worry buddy with a full biscuit comfort interior you will probably attract more than the window cleaners and flower sellers at the traffic light in London hiha

Have you now got the E60 ???

By the way check out the pictures of the concept M5 and you will see very heavily tinted windows.....

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Thank you Adrian, maybe I should consider tints now.

E60 arrives on September 1st.

The concept M5 had blacked out windows because the interior was secret/unfinished at the time it was launched.

..and Dan I'll call you today to get that money from you :blink:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Below are some pictures. I have almost exactly what you're considering: Carbon Black with 45% tint. I wanted tint, but subtlety, and that's exactly what I got.

The perceived darkness changes with lighting. With a low sun the tint appears very mild, while in low light it looks darker. In general, you can see into the car, but at the same time you can tell there is a tint. I have black interior, which tends to increase the darkness effect a bit.

The pictures tend to exaggerate the darkness a bit because of relfections, so I'm afraid they won't give you a perfect representation.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I've posted several pics of my 2000 carbon black with tinted windows and they won't let me post repeats. So if you can look up past posts by my user name you may find what your looking for. Or if someone knows how I can attach repeat photos that would help.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Hey Adrian,

That 3rd pic (from side) looks mean!! :M5thumbs:

It gives the illusion of being much darker than the others show... I would just be wary about new legal regulations for front tinting...

rgds

Was!

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Carrera2RS said:
Heres a few piccies with a 50% tint called light smoke, very happy with it and not too dark :blink:
Very nice...

what brand of tint is this...

I am also still debating whether to go for V-Kool 70 or V-Kool 65 :)

Regardz,

J Irwan

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Not sure on the Brand the colour is light smoke about 52% tint it was done by R-Tec in St Albans :cheers:

·
Registered
355 Posts
Since Jan last year it is not legal for the front side windows, although if you don't go overboard with the shade, you shouldn't have any problems.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Mine is now done :) I will take some more piccies, sometimes looks too dark for me sometimes ok.

It's a SL LLumar 'light smoke' colour. I wanted something a fraction lighter and more 'blue' something like Redshifts car looks like ?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts