BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

Just got a Carbahn / Steve Dinan Stage 2 S63TU engine to replace my blown stock motor in my M6. It's not making power. I have only run into one other person who has one and is having similar issues. We both had Pure Stage 2 turbos.

The car has ported heads with turned cams for fuel pressure. The turbos were maxing out at full duty cycle and the car only ran [email protected] basically stock power.

Wondering if anyone else out there can help shed some light?

Thanks

·
Registered
636 Posts
Dang that sucks.... I hope you guys resolve that soon... I wonder what the Dyno showed during tuning?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Your first problem is “Dinan” . They suck. Sorry, have to say it like it is.

Now, I’m guessing your DME/ECU didn’t take the tune and/or you have a jb4 piggy backed. Am I right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dang that sucks.... I hope you guys resolve that soon... I wonder what the Dyno showed during tuning?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dyno showed 613rwhp during tuning and supposedly the turbos were maxed. I got the car back and it ran [email protected] which is bone stock #s. The powerband is weird. Now the car had a drive train error and wont start. Back to the shop...

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Your first problem is “Dinan” . They suck. Sorry, have to say it like it is.

Now, I’m guessing your DME/ECU didn’t take the tune and/or you have a jb4 piggy backed. Am I right?

Why do you say that. Its Carbahn, Steve sold Dinan. But can you share some real info?

I had it tuned by Mission performance and was planning to add a JB4 but didn't get that far till the car stopped running.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Why do you say that. Its Carbahn, Steve sold Dinan. But can you share some real info?

I had it tuned by Mission performance and was planning to add a JB4 but didn't get that far till the car stopped running.

I did provide “real info”, you just don’t know enough yet...

My next question was going to be what codes are you throwing? Because you’re in limp.

What the hell is Carbahn?? lol

If you put down 61xAWhp on a dyno with Stage2 PureTurbos w/ported heads(lmao) and tweaked cams(again lmao), you’ve been robbed. In my opinion... As I’m putting those numbers down with much less, but I suppose you are starting with slightly less(platform wise, compared to the X5Ms) to begin with... Your setup seems like an odd setup to me. What else has been done? Downpipes? Exhaust? Headers? Methanol injection?

Oh, and maybe you didn’t notice... I commented “Dinan”. Not Steve Dinan. I’m fully aware of him, the company and the history of each. FYI. To my knowledge he’s back at Dinan now.

My point with “Dinan” is you pay a premium and often get robbed or lied too, or more often both... Also, their so called “engineering” on several platforms is a joke...

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I did provide “real info”, you just don’t know enough yet...

My next question was going to be what codes are you throwing? Because you’re in limp.

What the hell is Carbahn?? lol

If you put down 61xAWhp on a dyno with Stage2 PureTurbos w/ported heads(lmao) and tweaked cams(again lmao), you’ve been robbed. In my opinion... As I’m putting those numbers down with much less, but I suppose you are starting with slightly less(platform wise, compared to the X5Ms) to begin with... Your setup seems like an odd setup to me. What else has been done? Downpipes? Exhaust? Headers? Methanol injection?

Oh, and maybe you didn’t notice... I commented “Dinan”. Not Steve Dinan. I’m fully aware of him, the company and the history of each. FYI. To my knowledge he’s back at Dinan now.

My point with “Dinan” is you pay a premium and often get robbed or lied too, or more often both... Also, their so called “engineering” on several platforms is a joke...

Youre here for banter not help. Find your argument somewhere else....

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am actually in the middle of getting a stage 2 built. I did a lot of research and everyone that is running those engines are extremely happy with them.. Reading this make me wonder what mine will be at. Alex at mission tuning is a great tuner and has had experience with these stage 2 motors that Carbahn is building. IG sharknado , Danny_g_m5 have these engines for a while now. Could it be that they didn't do a stage 2 for the extra fuel??

·
Registered
10 Posts
Mark my words, I spoke the truth in my original post. Can’t help snowflakes that can’t process the truth... I know way more then you guys could possibly guess...

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Isnt the op selling this engine now? Unresolved
I was parting the car out. .. but no traction. Given back to the dealer to be auctioned off now.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts