BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has any one put a different trim in their car besides wood? I am toying with either swapping with someone for Black or painting mine. I have never been a big wood interior fan (no offense).

Give me yer thoughts

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Personally I'm happy with the wood in mine. I suppose it has a lot to do with the EXTERIOR colour of your car. For example, I can't see how wood could look good in a grey or silver car.

It's quite easy to swap the trim. There are even some custom ones made up - I do like Tin's silver CF look which goes well with his Blue car.

·
Moderator Emeritus
10,698 Posts
I agree, but would you see a silver/ caramel car? Silver/black I think can do either wood with luxury interior or metal with sport interior.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a guys that would want to trade his Aluminum trim. Hummmmm

My exterior is Black..............

·
Registered
12,900 Posts
Tim W said:
I have a guys that would want to trade his Aluminum trim. Hummmmm

My exterior is Black..............
I like my wood and caramel, this is the first car I have ever bought by considering the interior before the exterior color!!! With black exterior and caramel interior, I think you can put almost any trim you like, brushed aluminum (not my personal choice) or birds eye maple (looks close to black and would really set off the interior while matching the exterior IMHO). In the end, though, it only has to look good to you, so get what makes you happy!! kinggf
Regards,
Jerry

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Maple is a no go. I just like a non wood interior. I have had wood in my X5, 540 and 3 series and just did not like it. I painted it on my X5 and 540 :)

Hey Ronnie. When my car gets here can I test fit a piec of your Aluiminum trim to a door and see what it looks like?

·
Registered
298 Posts
Personally I love the Wood/Caramel interior, I bought my car because of it. I would also have liked one with LMB exterior, but couldn't find one for a reasonable price with LMB/Caramel/Wood.

I did replace the Caramel floormats with Black M5 mats, they stay much cleaner looking than the Caramel ones.

Regards

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Did they ever do 'Comfort' seats in Caramel? I find after 4 months and 5000 miles I still can't get comfortable in my Sport seats. I drove a friends 540 with Comfort seats to Germany recently and was in complete luxury from the off. I'd be interested in swapping if they exsist. Anyone?!

·
Registered
12,900 Posts
100%Cocoa said:
Did they ever do 'Comfort' seats in Caramel? I find after 4 months and 5000 miles I still can't get comfortable in my Sport seats. I drove a friends 540 with Comfort seats to Germany recently and was in complete luxury from the off. I'd be interested in swapping if they exsist. Anyone?!
In the US, no comfort seats in the M5, and caramel was an M5 only color. I believe the same for the rest of the world, but I am not sure. 540 got "sand" interior. Ashok Arora (car for sale I believe) is the only one I know who has the 7 series active seats, which he loves, but unaware of anyone else on this board with other than comfort seats. You might check with a leather company/ restorer to see if they can be color matched assuming you can either get someone to swap or you can find in a salvage yard.
Regards,
Jerry

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am going to put black mats in once it gets here. We had a Royal Red with Carmel one for our M5 Experience and both my wifie and I just thought it was to much. This one has black exterior so that is much better IMHO. But this is why they offer many options. SOmething I can't stand someone else loves. :)

·
Registered
369 Posts
Tim W said:
I am going to put black mats in once it gets here. We had a Royal Red with Carmel one for our M5 Experience and both my wifie and I just thought it was to much. This one has black exterior so that is much better IMHO. But this is why they offer many options. SOmething I can't stand someone else loves. :)
I use the black mats with my Caramel interior, I think it matches well with the rest of the two-tone scheme.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
I like no combination better than my LMB/Caramel/Wood and black interior mats! Sorry, this doesn't really answer your question, but this is the first interior that I have liked 100% "as is" from the manufacturer in a long time. Took forever to find it, too.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Brian:

I will wait to see it in person. I think a few tweaks (mats etc.) will be make a world of difference.

Tim

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Tim, do you mean the mats? I have photos if you want...

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Pictures would be great.

My car was supposed to be put on a truck today but something was Fu**ed up AGAIN.

Heck I will have my car after I have paid it off at this rate.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts

They're not the best - the flash washed out my caramel interior color - I can take more tomorrow in better light if you wish...the car is pretty clean.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Looks much better with black.

Thanks for taking the time and effort to post pictures.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts