BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have pics or have done this conversion/mod? I have seen the tan/aluminum combination on an E46 330i and thought it looked pretty sharp. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
I think it looks way better than the wood. Too much brown tints going on and the titanium trim breaks it up nicely.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
I like it. The contrast is nice. I like the wood too though

The two trims gave a very different result in the overall look of the interior, guess is just a matter of preference

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
Piano Black is a great contrast as well as technical graphite... (Comment may be biased)

Real Brushed aluminum may look pretty good though.

·
Registered
658 Posts
The trim looks OFF in Caramel interior.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
My vote is in for Technical Graphite on a Caramel interior. I think it really ties the room together, man.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Anyone have pics or have done this conversion/mod? I have seen the tan/aluminum combination on an E46 330i and thought it looked pretty sharp. Thanks in advance.
Here is mine. You said aluminum, and I have brushed aluminum. The other post had Titan trim, and I agree with others that Titan doesn't flow very with caramel.

Not going to lie, I am looking for birch anthracite trim. I currently have a lead ;)

Reactions: Dking078

·
Registered
843 Posts
Birch, Technical and Piano Black are the three best Caramel trims I have seen. Until I source a nice set of one of the above I will stay with the carbon wrap which looks pretty good.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
I didn't realize this was going to be such a polarizing topic. I debated whether or not to ask the intewebs opinion on whether or not I should go through with it, but I have pretty much made up my mind already. Maybe once I get it all sorted out I'll do a before and after with a vote option so see what people really think. :biggrinbounce:

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
My vote is in for Technical Graphite on a Caramel interior. I think it really ties the room together, man.
I had this on my 330i and I thought it looked pretty good. I'm going for aluminum (titan?) because I think it will set off the Titanium Silver exterior well.

Attachments

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Here is mine. You said aluminum, and I have brushed aluminum. The other post had Titan trim, and I agree with others that Titan doesn't flow very with caramel.
I'm glad you pointed this out; I didn't realize there were two choices in 'silver' interior trim. Just to confirm, the below trim is what I was looking at getting. This is Titan?

I am essentially going for this look, but will also look to replace the shift knob and e-brake with OEM black units, as well as sourcing Caramel shift knob and e-brake boots. Essentially making everything below the trim line tan leather. Like I said before, I think the silver trim will flow nicely with the silver exterior. I realize it's not to everyone's taste, but I saw it on a 911 a few years ago, and I just can't get away from the color combo. Very unique and to me, quite striking.

PM if anyone has any leads, or is looking to get rid of their titan trim.:biggrinbounce:

_

Attachments

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
I'm glad you pointed this out; I didn't realize there were two choices in 'silver' interior trim. Just to confirm, the below trim is what I was looking at getting. This is Titan?

I am essentially going for this look, but will also look to replace the shift knob and e-brake with OEM black units, as well as sourcing Caramel shift knob and e-brake boots. Essentially making everything below the trim line tan leather. Like I said before, I think the silver trim will flow nicely with the silver exterior. I realize it's not to everyone's taste, but I saw it on a 911 a few years ago, and I just can't get away from the color combo. Very unique and to me, quite striking.

PM if anyone has any leads, or is looking to get rid of their titan trim.:biggrinbounce:

_
Yes that is Titan trim. I believe DKing had a set for sale in the classifieds. Could be wrong, goodluck.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yes that is Titan trim. I believe DKing had a set for sale in the classifieds. Could be wrong, goodluck.
I checked the classifieds and it looks like all the Titan has since been sold. Thanks for the heads up though. I would PM DKing if I could but...hmmm

1 - 20 of 23 Posts