BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Guys, this one is weird and this problem just started :confused3

When car has some heat in it (been driven in past 10 hours) starts runs great. When can cools down completely and has not been driven in a day or more does not start. All lights come on, nav comes on, i can hear the fuel pump in the back etc... but it wont even crank. No starter clicking, nothing. Sometimes holding the start button a few times it will start. Sometimes it wont start at all. If i go and disconnect the battery for 10 sec it will start right up after that. Soo puzzzled. Car has new battery.

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
Guys, this one is weird and this problem just started :confused3

When car has some heat in it (been driven in past 10 hours) starts runs great. When can cools down completely and has not been driven in a day or more does not start. All lights come on, nav comes on, i can hear the fuel pump in the back etc... but it wont even crank. No starter clicking, nothing. Sometimes holding the start button a few times it will start. Sometimes it wont start at all. If i go and disconnect the battery for 10 sec it will start right up after that. Soo puzzzled. Car has new battery.
Not a unique problem, no definitive answer yet though.

Any error codes stored? Specifically, anything in CAS about terminal 50 voltage?

·
Registered
369 Posts
A lot of people are having this same issue whether it's the e60 or e63/64, I changed the starter and solenoid today in the morning but didn't start the car because it was too early and I don't want to wake up my neighbours so I will start it in a couple of hours and let you know whether it will start right up or not, the car hasn't started for 4 days now so this should be a good experiment.

Seif

·
Registered
369 Posts
So like I said, I changed the starter and solenoid, the car used to give me error A0C1 and wouldnt start until X number of trials, now after changing the starter, the car started from the first time I tried, I think I finally found a solution to that problem.

Seif

1 - 7 of 7 Posts