BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Moving to Houston in January and need to get my GT3 & M5 out there. Ive used Fedex Custom Critical in the past and they were great.

Any other recommendations? Enclosed trailer only.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
I used Waggoners several times from coast to coast and they were good. Never any damage and relatively cheap. Enclosed carrier (as an option).

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have used reliable carriers to transport my turbo from TX to WA. Great service, awesome people.

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
DeMoise Trucking. Family owned and operated not brokered. You can call anytime and speak with the owner/driver. Competitive prices and only enclosed.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Welcome to houston! Need any suggestions on areas to live, shop, dine, car maintenane....

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
I've used Passport as well with good results. I didn't like their lack of tire tie-downs, however. Intercity seems to be a favored company among lots of guys here... it's been discussed numerous times as well if you search you'll find old posts.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I've used both Intercity and Passport in the past and both were great. I think the service with Intercity was a little better, but their routes may be a little more limited than Passport. Either way, the cars arrived safely in great condition. Definitely worth the extra price for an enclosed transport.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I used FedEx Custom Critical aka FedEx Auto Transport from MI to San Francisco. Good service and reliable company. Passport may have been bought by FedEx - someone else may be able to clarify.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Welcome!

Welcome to Houston! It's funny, we have been thinking about moving from Houston to OC for the last couple of years....exactly opposite of what you are doing! But honestly I don't think I'll be going anywhere. I like it down here in Houston!
Houston ///M owner community is growing!:thumbsup:
(Sorry! Can't help with auto transport. I just had to welcome you!)

·
Registered
176 Posts
We usually use Reliable (or I do it myself). They're usually a tad more expensive but we usually think its worth it for the amount of ins they carry and the way they treat cars.

I have a car restoration business so most of our clients are out of state. They've transported everything from 50k all the way up to 5 million for us and
we've never had one problem.

Others we've had scratches, dings, greasy hand prints on white interior, and one where they backed one car into another and when trying to work it out found out their ins had lapsed!

But it's mostly just using a reputable company so you can sleep soundly. Go with a company you've gotten recommendations for.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts