BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI all:

My 39 m5 takes longe time to starts espically when the car sit for two hours or three...what do you think ..is it the alternator/starter/or battery...

Thank you

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you...let make it more clear...when i start the car first on the morning i hear this sound ARRRRRR..somthing is running but the car does not start..i turned the egintion off and on again then the car start..this is not happning every time only when the car sit for 2 to 3 hour or first on the morning...i hope i make it clear...my guess is the starter on it is end life to fail.

Thank you

·
Registered
147 Posts
Thank you...let make it more clear...when i start the car first on the morning i hear this sound ARRRRRR..somthing is running but the car does not start..i turned the egintion off and on again then the car start..this is not happning every time only when the car sit for 2 to 3 hour or first on the morning...i hope i make it clear...my guess is the starter on it is end life to fail.

Thank you
Starter solenoid is probably not moving properly like you wrote yourself.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Could definitely be a loss of fuel pressure. I have had this problem recently and if I let the car sit for even 10 minutes it has a delayed start while it builds fuel pressure back up. You can test this by turning the key to position 2 for 10 seconds to let the fuel pump build pressure and then start the car. If it starts more like normal than this may confirm it is a loss of fuel pressure.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts