BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I parked the car on the drive then moved it to allow my other car to be moved and went into my garage to turn the lights on.
I left the keys on the table in the garage and went to the back of the garage and heard the car drive off.
some c*nt had been waiting and grabbed the keys not 18ft from where i was standing and jumped into the car and drove off.
the whole thing took less than 10 seconds so thats it, the merc is no longer, the wife is crying but i am trying to tell her that its only a car and not mega important in the terms of things.

I have been told i wont be covered on the insurance as they got the keys off the table and drove off using them.

Reg number is W33 MAP

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
That's terrible. Did you have a tracking device fitted?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Man, that *really* sucks. I would be very surprised if you have no comeback to your insurers though - I'd have a word with my lawyer.

Its not like you were acting without due diligence, you didnt leave the keys in the car, car running on the road or anything stupid like that (which to me would be foolish). The theif had to actually steal it, it wasn't offered on a plate to him. Don't let your insurers be muppets about this.

:(

·
Registered
21 Posts
andym172 said:
So long as the keys weren't left in the ignition, then I don't see why you would have a problem with an insurance claim :confused2

Good luck anyway!
It differs from Insurance company to Insurance company, but some may claim that full effort wasn't made to ensure the safeguarding of the vehicle. I used to be an underwriter (for my sins) and claims departments tend to treat these on a case by case basis. Hopefully you should be ok though if the car isn't recovered.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Very sorry to hear that mate ...

Hope it works out with the insurance company ...

I must say, for anyone who is interested my mates brother runs a company that sell tracking devices ... you can then track your own car on the internet. Not like tracker or anything since the police don't have access, but hey, if my car goes missing I will know where it is (unless it hits that steal container quickly!)

rich

·
Banned
233 Posts
Are there any lawyers in the house?

Can someone please explain why if a bloke goes into a bank and robs 50,000 quid and then gets caught he is facing minimum of 5 years inside, but when a thieving gyppo cnut steals a car worth 50k and gets caught all the little 5hit gets is a slap on wrist?

If there are any police reading this, can you also explain that if someone robbed a bank then you devote tens of coppers to the case. If a car gets "twocked" you cannot even be bothered to stir your arse from the gender mainstreaming and racial awareness course you are on to turn up and bother trying to catch someone? Criminals know you don't give a toss, so they are not scared.

I would like to break the wrists and knees of these b*stards so that they are never physically capable of driving a car again in their life. I would also do the same to people who say "you should have insured it properly" etc etc. You should be able to leave your keys in the ignition without trouble.

I despise people (i.e. 99.9% of politicians, probation officers and social workers) who tell us that we need to "understand" these vermin. No, we do not need to understand them. We need to make them so scared of the punishment that they will never do the crime.

At least here in Kosovo I can shoot the f*ckers :) I will keep a lookout for your car by the way: there are some RHD cars out here with German and Swiss plates (i.e. stolen, but the local police (corrupt and only paid 140 quid a month) do almost nothing. Dont hold your breath though:sad1: .

Death to thieves. Islam is right on one thing: chop their hands off!

Rant over.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Not so much a rant Balkan, more of a strong opinion. I would be suprised if you found anyone on this board that disagreed with you.

You put it very well, there was a nationwide campaign to find out more on "ATM thieves" who would use a JCB to drive into cash machines, and then tow them into a van. I can't believe they would have more than the value of that Mercedes in them. And that was in all of the papers, but it was a story, so more people knew about it. Which would obviously bring the question of the police into it if they did not act. This can be applied very easily here, if it were advertised, then the media could easily turn it into an act of "carelessness". Which I totally agree, you should be able to just leave your car for 10 seconds without the worry of some little skinny running into your house, stealing the keys and driving off. It's rediculous.

Good luck with the insurance company fella. I will spread the word, but as you said, it could well be a case of the car is no longer in the country. I'm sure it's a lot harder to get away with stealing a Brabus Convertable and keeping it under wraps than it is for a Mondeo.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I'm feeling really sorry for you.:crying2:
But a car can be replaced. I hope your insurance pays for it. I didn't know why they shouldn't. You didn't left the keys in the ignition...
Sometimes 'they' do much more awful things, to get the keys of a expensive car. For example they brake in your house in the middle of the night and when they do not find the keys easily, you wake up with a gun pointing to your face....

@BalkanExpress
well said...
A 'man' in my hometown, scratched over 1000 car with 'f...ck' and some nice symbols. And what happened, when the police catched him:
He is too crazy to get a judical hearing, but not crazy enough to be locked in a psychiatry. Now he is free and can do what ever he wants to do (exactly he makes now vacation in turkey...)
And who pays for the damage...nobody because it is vandalism..

·
Banned
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I have spoken to the underwrtier of the insurance company who seem to think i may be covered so im hoping i am as i dont really want to take the loss on my own.

Im driving in a scrapper at the moment with no power steering and no power under the bonnet.

hopefully they pay me and ill get a new car.

·
Registered
136 Posts
"hopefully they pay me and ill get a new car."

M5's i think are recommended here.

Sorry to hear about the theft by the way.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts