BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my production # for a couple of weeks now, and it still won't show up in the Owners Circle of BMW.com -

Is any of your US bound cars in this system yet?

thx,

Paul

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
mine is... but i am stuck on "on order" status :mad:

supposedly some cars are already a few steps ahead of me...

alex
few cars

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea - when I ordered my M3 - a few years ago - the system was really unhelpful.

was just curious if anyone else had this issue?

thx for the reply.

·
Registered
431 Posts
mine is but I know my car is done but still says "ready for production or is in production". This system is delayed a few days from real time. Your dealer has a real time system he can log into and give you the actual code!.

Floyd

·
Registered
764 Posts
The Owners' Circle site definitely has at least a few days' lag. In addition, the factory shuts down for the month of August, so I'm not sure what they do with cars in the line during shutdown. :confused2

·
Registered
246 Posts
I'm on the system but still in the "on order" status. I've been told that I'll have my car by mid-Oct. so I assume I'll be in production by the end of the week. This wait is killing me...

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
My M3 showed on order forever. Then it showed In Production for three weeks. Then it showed it was waiting for transport for several more. It still showed it was in production when it was arriving at the delivery center. The website is just about useless for anything except frustrating you.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
vndkshn said:
My M3 showed on order forever. Then it showed In Production for three weeks. Then it showed it was waiting for transport for several more. It still showed it was in production when it was arriving at the delivery center. The website is just about useless for anything except frustrating you.
Thanks for the tip,will stop wasting my time checking for updates.

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
tmacsilverm5 said:
I'm on the system but still in the "on order" status. I've been told that I'll have my car by mid-Oct. so I assume I'll be in production by the end of the week. This wait is killing me...
Call BMWNA for the latest status if your dealer isn't helping. 800-831-1117.

The owner's circle currently has my car in 'on order' status. Calling the above number as of last Wednesday, my car is 'scheduled for production'. Owner's circle is pretty worthless for updates.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Wolverine said:
Call BMWNA for the latest status if your dealer isn't helping. 800-831-1117.

The owner's circle currently has my car in 'on order' status. Calling the above number as of last Wednesday, my car is 'scheduled for production'. Owner's circle is pretty worthless for updates.
Finally it is not a bad thing that we Canadians can't use it

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I called the 800 # and they said that my order had been "accepted", but no other information right now - :sad1:

·
Registered
125 Posts
The BMWNA number listed above (800-831-1117) is more current than the Owner's Circle Website. I have an order in now for a 530xi for my wife, and the status changed to in production over the telephone about three days before the status changed on the Owner's Circle website. The telephone system also tells you the scheduled completion date of production, which apparently is not listed on the Owner's Circle site.

My wife's car is scheduled to be completed on Sept. 13.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Look guys, the Owners Circle is just junk. A way for BMW to say that you can track the status of your car ordered. Realy not true. The Dealer is the only way to get good info.

Here is where we are at:
My M5 is done and awating a car transport to the dock for the "vessel" to
ship it over. "Owners Circle says it is ready or in production, since Aug 23."

Once it is here in the US it will sit at the process center untill ALL....I will say again......ALL M5's that have been ordered for that week are ready for shipment to the dealers.

They will all leave the CENTER at the same time. If you dealer is close than, say Michigan, you will get your car 1 to 2 day later than the guy in N. Carolina.

Any one who knows diff,,,speak up..

Floyd

1 - 14 of 14 Posts