BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some help here, I put a new battery in about week ago and everything was working fine.

The car sat for about two days and I went to unlock it but nothing happened. What's weird is that no matter drained the old battery got, I was always able to unlock using the remote.

At any rate, the door lock nor the trunk lock will open manually.

How do I get into the car to pop the hood or trunk????
Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Car Vehicle

·
Registered
11,197 Posts
At any rate, the door lock nor the trunk lock will open manually.
Lets just deal with the trunk. Use some lock lube or penetrating oil and squirt inside. Then put your diamond key in and turn counter clock. You might have to wiggle it a few times because the lock may not have been used since new, but it should open. Try all the keys you have just in case. If you get in the trunk you can charge the battery so the remote works or more than likely tighten your loose term.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lets just deal with the trunk. Use some lock lube or penetrating oil and squirt inside. Then put your diamond key in and turn counter clock. You might have to wiggle it a few times because the lock may not have been used since new, but it should open. Try all the keys you have just in case. If you get in the trunk you can charge the battery so the remote works or more than likely tighten your loose term.
You're right!!! I wasn't turning it far enough ccw, THANKS!

·
Registered
72 Posts
What is a diamond key?

·
Registered
11,197 Posts
What is a diamond key?
The normal key with the diamond on top. Just to make it clear not the valet key or wallet key which are not diamond shaped. The valet will not open the trunk and the plastic wallet key will break if you have a sticky lock. Yes I know they are not a diamond but that is what people have been calling them for years.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts