BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Afternoon

I posted a while back about a potential car for my girlfriend - an E46 coupe, CLK etc.

However, I test drove an absolute cracker of a car yesterday - the Alfa 147 GTA. It is a 2003 car in Alfa red with black leather, climate and the Bose stereo for £16k.

It really is fantastic - such a sublime 3.2 V6 in such a small good looking car - I think it is a contender.

I attach a pic below - it is a really mean purposeful machine.

Have any of you guys had an experience with it - good or bad? Reckon it is better than a Mercedes C Coupe (which is my girlfriend's preferred choice?).

Attachments

·
Registered
77 Posts
The C-coupe will only be as 'nice' as the Alfa with the 3.2 V6 or new 280bhp 3.5 V6 (C350) - the four-cylinders apparently ruin the car!

The new V6 is supposed to be a really nice engine, too. But it makes it very expensive for a 3-door hatchback.

As for other points your GF may be interested in... in spite of MB's quality downturn, I'd still like to think they're better engineered and more reliable than an Alfa Romeo; but who knows? Likewise MB and Alfa dealers both have abysmal reputations so no winners there either!

What about the Audi A3 (sportback?) with 3.2 V6? Relatively boring & common I know.

I would be tempted to wait for the new Peugeot 407 coupe, which may well drive better than all of the other cars except the C-class.

good luck

Russell

1 - 2 of 2 Posts