BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever since I got my new tires and alignment, the car literally drifts from side to side when im doing above 180kph..:confused2 Its pretty scary when you get up to about 240 - 250..Im constantly adjusting the direction of the vehicle.. Anyone know what exactly causes this type of situation ? Its like I have "play" in the steering wheel.. :crying:

·
Registered
12,865 Posts
atlantisvip said:
Ever since I got my new tires and alignment, the car literally drifts from side to side when im doing above 180kph..:confused2 Its pretty scary when you get up to about 240 - 250..Im constantly adjusting the direction of the vehicle.. Anyone know what exactly causes this type of situation ? Its like I have "play" in the steering wheel.. :crying:
I would the entire alignment checked, but if you are toed out, it would cause very uncomfortable handling at speed. You want a slight amount of toe in, and I like as much positive caster as I can get for street driving. If the first shop says all is on spec, you might want a second opinion.
Regards,
Jerry

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
The Tyres I run have three large grooves that seem to grab every rut.
Could be the same problem, plus I now run the pressure higher and it gets less effect.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info.. I actually recently started using higher pressure and thought that was the culprit.. :byee55amg

1 - 4 of 4 Posts