BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at a track on Saturday and around 6-7 RPM the car was just a little choppy while under full acceleration. It was like the car was struggling to get fuel for a split second. I would floor it, holding the pedal to the floor and at about 6 or 7 rpm it whould hesitate for a second and then keep going. Most of the time, it was going into or during high G turns. Every once in a while it would do it in a straight line as well. It was always in 3rd or 4th gear. Some of the guys out there said that maybe its just having a problem getting fuel so try going on a full tank of gas next run. I did, and it still did the same thing. No warning lights, overheating, or anything i can see or hear that looks strange. Anyone had this happen before? or know what it might be?

·
Registered
6,353 Posts
If all above possibilities are ruled out, I am willing to bet it's your MAF's!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes DSC was completely turned off and P500 is always on.

I always level DSC off and P500 on even with day to day driving. I have done a couple of track days before this one, and drive the car pretty hard on and off the highways and this was the first time I have noticed this issue.

So it may be the MAF sensors? Anything else that it might be? I will take it in and ask BMW to check it out.

·
Registered
6,353 Posts
If it only happens at WOT, I think it's your MAFs.
If it happened at WOT once, and then happens at all RPMs, its your fuel supply line!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the info. Yes it only happened above 6 RPM. Never occured below that. It didn't do it every time though. After about 4 sessions on the track (25 min per session) I would say it happened about 50% of the time when going WOT in 3rd or 4th gear.

I will make an appointment for BMW to have it looked at and I will report back and let you know what they say.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Had same problem when my fuel pump started go. After a while it would go into limp mode when the loss of power/cut out started.

·
Banned
378 Posts
ahmed, where you at...need your help!

I got a "serveomatic malfunction" "over heated" light while driving normally. I pulled over and waited 3-5 mins...everything was completly fine....checked the control messages...nothing! :/

My fuel line and pump were just changed out. also, 2 days earlier (driving normal) the idrive shut on and off 3 different times...power steering went out...wtf is going on?

·
Registered
6,353 Posts
You will need to have the fault codes read to determine if there is a permanent error stored. However, saying that.. you restarted your car and it was fine meaning there is a voltage fluctuation to the sensor. You might end up getting all sorts of weird faults which can only point to a bad battery or alternator!

Have your tech do a diagnostics, and have him look at the the modules that control the Servotronic system. Look for them inside the passenger compartment. The Servotronic Valve is attached to the Steering Rack and Pinion Gear.

I willing to bet its just fluctuation which means a bad battery. Especially when your CCC is acting up!

·
Banned
378 Posts
You will need to have the fault codes read to determine if there is a permanent error stored. However, saying that.. you restarted your car and it was fine meaning there is a voltage fluctuation to the sensor. You might end up getting all sorts of weird faults which can only point to a bad battery or alternator!

Have your tech do a diagnostics, and have him look at the the modules that control the Servotronic system. Look for them inside the passenger compartment. The Servotronic Valve is attached to the Steering Rack and Pinion Gear.

I willing to bet its just fluctuation which means a bad battery. Especially when your CCC is acting up!
Can always count on you brother! :applause:

·
Registered
114 Posts
ahmed, where you at...need your help!

I got a "serveomatic malfunction" "over heated" light while driving normally. I pulled over and waited 3-5 mins...everything was completly fine....checked the control messages...nothing! :/

My fuel line and pump were just changed out. also, 2 days earlier (driving normal) the idrive shut on and off 3 different times...power steering went out...wtf is going on?
my car was in dealer for work before and they left battery terminal loose. I-drive stopped working, dashboard and car cutting out.
They ended up replacing some electronic modules that shorted out after terminals left loose.
all covered under warranty

1 - 13 of 13 Posts