BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi ,
I've got a birthday coming up and as a suggestion to the missus I thought of a car cover for my beastie.
I'm in the UK and the cover needs to be purpose made for a 91' E34 M5 (with spoiler).
I'm not really looking for an out door cover as the car stays garaged , but I want decent quality.
Any suggestions please?

Colin.

PS for those who remember , yes its for the nitros'd black one, yes its still looks beautiful (<300m in 3 years) and yes I'm still here! (just a bit tired that's all!!).

·
10,457 Posts
I've had the official bmw dealer accessory car cover. Made of one of the 'noah' fabrics so it's a bit bulky, but it fits well and protects nicely. The extra thickness helps with dings and scuffs if you have people walking by or parking next to the car.

I also have a couple of aftermarket covers, i've gotten from 'california car covers', i have a 'supreme-weave' (i think) for a car that is usually stored outdoors. It's pretty nice material, and really keeps the car dry and clean.

Reactions: davidoli

·
Registered
167 Posts
I just ordered one of the noah fabric covers from BAV auto for my M5. All the E34 ones should fit even with the spoiler. Its $224 us. Not sure of the shipping cost across the pond. Mine cost about $20 to ship from the east coast to Hawaii. I thought that was fair. Although they also weren't in stock at the time. Very popular item. Aloha

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Mottati,

The 'official' item sounds good if its a bit thicker as the car will be in a 'double' sized UK garage , probably about half the size of a US garage!
next to kids bikes etc.(am I asking for trouble? )

JR - Did you get the Noah cover and if so, whats it like?

Colin

·
Registered
167 Posts
They(BAV), just sent it out yesterday, weren't in stock. I'll post up results, from what I understand they're pretty thick. It'll be better for abrasive and dent protection. They offer a thinner,more weather proof one but I'm in a pretty windy area so I went thicker/heavier. I also want to cover the M5 in my garage. Their covers are close to the factory ones. I dealt with Aaron at BAV auto.Cheers

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Will be waiting for your report JR!

Don't make me wait too long , my birthday is 12th October!

Colin.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I have the OEM one with BMW logo and I too believe its made by Noah. Very nice, thick and fits like a glove. The bag that comes with the cover makes for a nice kit when you go to store it in the trunk between uses.

·
Registered
167 Posts
M5 cover

So Colin, it turns out the cover wasn't in stock at BAV auto. Covercraft sent it direct to me in Hawaii. I just got it today, it fits quite well. Am happy with the quality also. There was no difference in the shipping to me here. Looks like it came out of Oklahoma. If they are that back ordered then the covers must be in demand. I hope you got your bday present. Aloha

1 - 10 of 10 Posts