BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
previous threads have suggested the Zymol product line is the best.

I've been to their site (www.zymol.com) and I like their story. Now - do I have to pay their list price?

/Greg

·
Registered
656 Posts
That's interesting. I swore by Zymol at one time but heard others talk about the fine scratches it caused on their cars. After a year or so of use, I started to believe them.

Now I use Meguiar's. Anyone else?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Zymol's HD cleanse is a little bit harsher then 3M's Imperial Hand Glaze, but both work very well. I'm not sure why you would be getting fine scratches though. With clean all cotton towels (this means even the stitching, which is often nylon and will scratch) I have never had scratches appear. By the way, 3M's Imperial Hand Glaze contains fillers which will hide the fine scratches. I would be interested to know which Zymol products you are using and do you use a car cover? A car cover is a catch 22. It protects your car from the sun and keeps it clean longer, but if you don't wash it frequently or drag it across you car, it will leave fine scratches.

·
Registered
5,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Interesting you mention this 3M product - I used to use it all the time - and it was GREAT. Follow it up with a pure (no abrasive) wax. I only stopped because I got so busy I wasn't taking care of my own cars' finish at all - but now that I am bonding with my new baby, I may give it another go.

Originally posted by Ken Semak:
Zymol's HD cleanse is a little bit harsher then 3M's Imperial Hand Glaze, but both work very well. I'm not sure why you would be getting fine scratches though. With clean all cotton towels (this means even the stitching, which is often nylon and will scratch) I have never had scratches appear. By the way, 3M's Imperial Hand Glaze contains fillers which will hide the fine scratches. I would be interested to know which Zymol products you are using and do you use a car cover? A car cover is a catch 22. It protects your car from the sun and keeps it clean longer, but if you don't wash it frequently or drag it across you car, it will leave fine scratches.

·
Registered
5,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not! The "Complete Kit" is $253 on the Zymol page. On the page referenced below, it "lists" for $400, but the "on-line price" is only $300. What a deal!

Originally posted by kgodfrey:
Try www.carcareonline.com for Xymol products, among others. Prices very fair.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Guys,

This is my first post on this forum but I have been lurking for a long time as I love BMW cars. Especially M cars.

At this point I do not own an M5 but used to own a 89 BMW 535i. I currently own a 97 Landrover Discovery and a 2000 Audi coupe. Hope you don't mind my post here. Hope to join your ranks in the next couple of years with an M5.

I saw this post on waxes and thought I would offer the information that I dug up in my research for a car wax/polish to use on my cars.

I have come across a polish/wax called Zaino which does not contain ANY abrasives and is claimed to be optically better than anything in the market. A lot of show car enthusiasts seem to be using this product. If you would like more information, you might want to check out the Car Care forum in www.corvetteforum.com where this topic has been discussed to death.

I have personally ordered this product and am planning on using it in the comings weeks. The problem is that the sunny days are pretty elusive in the part of the country that I live in.

This is NOT an endorsement as I have not (yet!) personally used the product. Just an informative post from another car enthusiast.

Hope you find this useful.
Enjoy your cars.
Jay.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Jay,

Thanks for the info. I'm about to begin my research into which products give the best results without harming the car's finish. I welcome you to post your results and opinions on Zaino. I, and I assume others here, would be interested to know how well Zaino works.

ALX

1 - 10 of 10 Posts