BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning guys

My girlfriend is lookig to buy a car for around £15k, and it must have seats in the back and be dark blue lovelove Asides from that, she has no other criteria, although she hasn't driven in a while, so nothing mega fast or too difficult to drive.

Any suggestions?

Ones that immediately came to my mind were:

- BMW 330 Ci Sport (took one out - very impressed);

- CLK 320 Avantgarde - nice cruiser machine - may suit her as it is an auto;

- Audi TT 225 - OK - but not much room in the back - plus it is an Audi and it is not an RS6 Avant ;)

Any more ideas?

Cheers!

·
Registered
487 Posts
TT fast car, drives pretty well as far as I reckon... But has no space in the back. As for the CLK and Ci, both have the auto option. so it's just a matter of taste and what's available on the market. Good luck!
Take care,

·
Registered
331 Posts
easy choice, the Alfa Romeo 156 or 147 GTA (selespeed is like SMG) mmmmmm
Probably less expensive then the others too.

156 GTA

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
£15k will get you a decent Mini Cooper S. They have decent residuals.

I doubt you could get a E46 330Ci for £15k not unless it was seriously high mileage. An E46 328Ci maybe possible around a W plate.

There a lots of cars out there for £15k. New ones that spring to mind are the Mini, Honda Civic Type-R and Clio Cup 182. All with a pretty decent turn of speed and will not cause you any problems. If you want something bigger and with a bit more prestige then look carefully at each car. There is no end of dodgy BMW's, Merc's etc waiting to hit you with big bills!

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
How much room in the back is required?? A Cooper has none!

Does it need to be sporty and quick?? How old does the car have to be?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for your help guys.

The GTA is a good idea - I will check it out. Minis are a no no though.

Some room in the back for occasional passengers is needed. It doesn't need to be a lot - but probably more than the TT.

I am questioning over whether to recommend a used BMW or Merc given the high repair costs, and may go for something newer. The Civic Type R is also a good idea.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Jaguar said:
I am questioning over whether to recommend a used BMW or Merc given the high repair costs, and may go for something newer. The Civic Type R is also a good idea.
a friend of mine has the Type R, it´s quite fast, but has a lot of problems :rolleyes:

Another relative has the 156 GTA, no problems and much faster ! (even my 2.4jtd - 193hp can keep up with the Type R)

·
Registered
38 Posts
What about the Audi S3?? Just as quick as the TT but with a little more room. There's also a few nice X type Jags knocking around - that is if you dont mind it being worth less than a packet of crisps in a years time.....:1:

Paul

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Paul M5 said:
What about the Audi S3?? Just as quick as the TT but with a little more room. There's also a few nice X type Jags knocking around - that is if you dont mind it being worth less than a packet of crisps in a years time.....:1:

Paul
Jag? It's his girlfriend not his mother... :p

What about an RX8? Reliable, kinda good looking, fast espically the high powered model. Tried one myself a few months back and that redline is something to behold.

Also you guys can make a date each time you guys have to refill you engine oil.

:hihi:

- Kin

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey - I used to have a Jag :biggrin:

The S3 is an idea, as is the RX8 so I will check those out - cheers!

She seems to have her heart set on a 3 series COMPACT though :nono: I'm trying my best to presuade her otherwise, but she prefers the look of it to the coupe.

Women work in mysterious ways!

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Jaguar said:
Hey - I used to have a Jag :biggrin:

The S3 is an idea, as is the RX8 so I will check those out - cheers!

She seems to have her heart set on a 3 series COMPACT though :nono: I'm trying my best to presuade her otherwise, but she prefers the look of it to the coupe.

Women work in mysterious ways!
well you could get the 325Ti then.. the best official compact.. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts