BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey when coming back from work today early i was filling up some gas so i drive from the gas station and i floor it so dsc indicator blings several times then stays on ok i drive home and try to reset it it resets and works so i tried to turn it off it doesnt, nothing happens

any clues? i searched i think its a new one

or my car is trying to provide maximum safety for me:d ?

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Oh the DSC is on all the time? You press the button but the light won't go out?

If you turn the ignition to Postion 2, is the DSC light illuminated?

Start the car and hold the DSC button down for 10 seconds, does it turn off now?

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
I think it means that DCS is now OFF all of the time. Minimum safety! The light will typically only go on solid when DSC is turned off.

Can you try to pull some codes with your peak scan tool to see if the beast threw any codes?

·
Registered
245 Posts
my m5 just started doing something like this too. I havent checked codes yet (i plan on messing with it today), but i did trying "ripping it" and you could defintiely feel the dsc kicking in. and get this...when i pushed the dsc button (to turn it off) and try "ripping it" again the dsc didnt kick in. so my dsc seems to be working fine, it only seems to be the indicator that has screwing up. i think it may be something to do with the cold

·
Registered
214 Posts
I had this issue when I ran low on brake fluid. Once topped up the issue went away. I would guess that anything that compromises the braking system holds the light on - wheel speed sensor might also do the same thing.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well the dsc is working fine but i cant turn it off so i checked fuse box i pressed all fuses in to be sure they are connected

and now im able to turn dsc off :p now im the one in charge again

thnx mates

·
Registered
707 Posts
well the dsc is working fine but i cant turn it off so i checked fuse box i pressed all fuses in to be sure they are connected

and now im able to turn dsc off :p now im the one in charge again

thnx mates
strange... I would be happy that this would solve all problems. :D :D :D
follow the results, hopefully the problem won't come back.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Low brake fluid was definitely the case for me

1 - 14 of 14 Posts