BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Relating back to the earlier discussion on removing the clip on the driver's side M5 seat...I looked for 30 minutes for the clip on my 2000 M5 and couldn't find a thing. Please advise more specifics on how to FIND and remove the restraining clip...thanks, dave

·
Registered
385 Posts
Perhaps yours is already removed?? What model year is yours? Perhaps the clip isn't installed on 2001 models?

I have a y2K M5, and am 6'4" tall, so removing the clip definitely provided some benefit for me, as it gives an extra 2+ inches of seat travel. Here's how I removed it. Start by moving the driver's seat all the way forward, and then tilt it forward. Open the rear door, and get down on your knees so you can reach in. The seat travels on two "tracks." One closest to the door, and one closest to the middle of the car. At the very BACK of the inside track, you should find a metal piece. Simply pry it up with a screwdriver, and throw it away.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Steve P!! After reading your reply, my daughter found it and removed it before I could even see where it was located. (Young eyes!!)
Thanks again...Dave

Originally posted by SteveP:
Perhaps yours is already removed?? What model year is yours? Perhaps the clip isn't installed on 2001 models?

I have a y2K M5, and am 6'4" tall, so removing the clip definitely provided some benefit for me, as it gives an extra 2+ inches of seat travel. Here's how I removed it. Start by moving the driver's seat all the way forward, and then tilt it forward. Open the rear door, and get down on your knees so you can reach in. The seat travels on two "tracks." One closest to the door, and one closest to the middle of the car. At the very BACK of the inside track, you should find a metal piece. Simply pry it up with a screwdriver, and throw it away.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts