BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And yes I have searched, if thats your comment please save it...

I did my brakes, flushed the lines, re used sensors, thought maybe the rear sensor was bad, ordered another one but in the mean time soldered the wirestogether, no luck:

Bav technic software shows the following screens, the reset or change values tries in bavtechnic yield the warning shown.

Of course the button gymnatics dont work, wither end up with OK or in the teeny font FSTGNR or whatever it is sub routine.

I am also seeing the error shown in DSC which is strange, i thought the DSC relied on the abs pulse generators (well it did on the E39 platform i think)...That wont reset either even with the wire shorted?

This car, i am starting to think, hates me, and the feeling is starting to become mutual, if what used to be simple things are this hard...

Attachments

·
Registered
191 Posts
This happened to a friend of mine recently, he ended up getting it reset in a garage using a Snap On scanner. He couldn't do it with the software he had. Not sure if yours will be the same

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Local parts stores usually stock this sensor since is common to other BMW's. Did you try resetting the CBS via the button on the instrument cluster? This is how I do mine all the time.

·
Registered
7,542 Posts
If it's like the E90, the CBS-based sensor must be essentially new to allow the system to reset. It's not like the old days when the sensor only made contact once the pads were worn. The system knows what resistance to expect from a new CBS, and if it doesn't sense that, it will not be happy (as you've seen). I assume this is the case with the E60 like in the E90 (if not, ignore this post :) ).

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
The pad sensor must be replaced then reset through the gauge cluster. You don't need any other equipment.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I also tried to reset the sensor without replacing the sensor, and it also didn't work. Had to buy a new sensor to reset as well.

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
I had this issue, and asked a friend who is a BMW tech for help, and he explained what happened and reset it for me.

Basically, because you re-used the sensor and reset it, the system detected no change in the sensor despite you "telling it" (by resetting it) that there was a new sensor on there, and concluded that there was a error in the system so it entered fail-safe mode, and now must be reset with software (cannot be reset via the gauge cluster anymore).

Good luck!

Edit: To be clear - I reset the system with the old sensors which is how I had the issue.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts