BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys - had a bit of a surprise today when i went to use the middle seat in the back and saw that both of the buckles were missing!! is it possible to remove them or stuff them into the seat somehow??? i have the 3rd seat belt, but no buckles to clip into!!! any help would be appreciated!! :(

·
Registered
6,517 Posts
Hey guys - had a bit of a surprise today when i went to use the middle seat in the back and saw that both of the buckles were missing!! is it possible to remove them or stuff them into the seat somehow??? i have the 3rd seat belt, but no buckles to clip into!!! any help would be appreciated!! :(
Interesting problem. The center seatbelt is comprised of 1 fixed point and 2 buckles. The fixed point is obviously the belt itself in the retractor at the top of the seat - I assume you can find this one :)

On the seat bottom, the center left side (US Drivers) is the middle passenger buckle. It is on a belt (as opposed to fixed like the outboard buckles) and can be tucked in the seat. It is approximately an inch inboard of the left fixed buckle.

On the seat bottom, the center right side (US Passenger) is where the middle passenger would normally have a fixed attachment point. It does not. It is again a buckle, similar to the left side. As such, you can detach the middle belt completely to let it retract up to the top. This also means you can stuff the right side down into the seat as well. The location of this buckle is roughly an inch or so inboard of the right outboard fixed buckle. Or, if you are familiar with the LATCH mounts, it is attached in approximately the same location as the right outboard passengers inboard LATCH mount.

Hope this helps...

btw - it might be just as easy to remove the seat bottom to find it - sit yourself in the middle of the seat with your butt slightly off the seat, stick your hands down under the front of the seat and lift. It will pop loose and then slide forward to give you access to the LATCH and center buckle mounts.

d-

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Interesting problem. The center seatbelt is comprised of 1 fixed point and 2 buckles. The fixed point is obviously the belt itself in the retractor at the top of the seat - I assume you can find this one :)

On the seat bottom, the center left side (US Drivers) is the middle passenger buckle. It is on a belt (as opposed to fixed like the outboard buckles) and can be tucked in the seat. It is approximately an inch inboard of the left fixed buckle.

On the seat bottom, the center right side (US Passenger) is where the middle passenger would normally have a fixed attachment point. It does not. It is again a buckle, similar to the left side. As such, you can detach the middle belt completely to let it retract up to the top. This also means you can stuff the right side down into the seat as well. The location of this buckle is roughly an inch or so inboard of the right outboard fixed buckle. Or, if you are familiar with the LATCH mounts, it is attached in approximately the same location as the right outboard passengers inboard LATCH mount.

Hope this helps...

btw - it might be just as easy to remove the seat bottom to find it - sit yourself in the middle of the seat with your butt slightly off the seat, stick your hands down under the front of the seat and lift. It will pop loose and then slide forward to give you access to the LATCH and center buckle mounts.

d-
awesome i will give this a shot to see if i can find it tomorrow - thanks!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
:thumbsup: Thanks for this info. I spent a total of about 15 minutes on a few different occasions yesterday trying to feel around the seat for the buckle but read this, popped the seat, lifted it about an inch, and look, there it is.

·
Registered
245 Posts

d-
I couldn't find my middle seatbelt either and even when sticking my hand in between the seats I had no luck so I pulled the bottom seat out and there they were.

Thank you :thankyou:

·
Registered
459 Posts
Cheers!
I had a bloody good go anyway...
Thought they'd have come through same hole, does look better with one a side maybe that's the reason.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts