BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody going on Cannonball Europe and is it any good?

Cant afford to Gumball on my own with no sponsorship so may well do this one!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Slope said:
I would do it again definately.
It's not to everyones taste, it's more for petrolheads than partyheads.

Just don't expect to get much sleep!:D
Sounds good as I dont drink and am really only in it for the driving. While I like to drive fast ( I have a Lotus Esprit) I am not interested in flat out driving for 7 days.

I like the idea iof having to reach destinations within an average legal speed target.

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Rev. Bob did it a couple of years ago and it was aired on the Men and Motors Channel. Let's say he and his show is an acquired test.

As for the rally if I cast my mind back there was quite a long thread with former participants that weren't at all happy. It all depends on what your expecting to get out of it and how you think/expect an event that you pay a fair few grand should be organised.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Andy-UK said:
Rev. Bob did it a couple of years ago and it was aired on the Men and Motors Channel. Let's say he and his show is an acquired test.
Rev. Bob did the Cannonball 8000, a seperate event organised by different people.

And yes he and his show are an aquired taste, he's the only person I've ever seen make a rally look boring. zzzzz

·
Registered
2 Posts
Did the Cannonball Run Europe in 2002, had an amazing time. Did some real hardcore driving.
As with most rallies there is a mix of people who want different things. We were part of the race pack who maxed it to each checkpoint. Others just drove at a reasonable speed, stopped for lunch/dinner and sleep. Some guys even drove a London cab.

There were lots of broken promises but this seems pretty normal on all the rallies.

Don't expect to meet any film stars or celebrities on the Cannonball but expect some real hard driving. An lots of jap cars.

Met some real good people on the Cannonball... Would love to do it again.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts