BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(moderators, please do not move this thread-- thx)

Guys-

It looks like mother nature is not going to cooperate with us for Saturday's meet. The forecast (below) has been getting progressively worse throughout the week. Even it does not snow it looks like icey roads are a real good possibility.

So with much regret I think we need to postpone Saturday until Spring when we have more predictable driving weather. The last thing I want is to encourage anyone to bring their M5 out on marginal roads and have something bad happen. Sorry guys... I was looking forward to this.

---
Friday Night: rain and snow with a chance of sleet in the evening, then rain possibly mixed with sleet and freezing rain after midnight. Lows 30 to 35. North winds 15 to 20 mph.
Saturday: mostly cloudy with rain and freezing rain likely in the morning, then partly cloudy with a chance of rain in the afternoon. Highs in the lower 40s. North winds around 15 mph. Chance of precipitation 60 percent.
---
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,248 Posts
Does not look very promising, but why don't we wait a little bit longer before officially canceling the event Doug. Maybe by some strange happening, we will end up with an OK day. Lets keep hope.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
TCM said:
Does not look very promising, but why don't we wait a little bit longer before officially canceling the event Doug. Maybe by some strange happening, we will end up with an OK day. Lets keep hope.
TC,
While I share your optimism I had to give fair notice to TMS as well as guys who were planning to come from very far away. That's why I posted today. and why I felt like I had to call Turner's to tell them we would have to reschedule.

If by some miracle it does turn out to be a nice day I'd still be up for lunch and a drive, but I think it's not reasonable to wait until the 11th hour for TMS and the non-local guys.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,482 Posts
doug said:
TC,
While I share your optimism I had to give fair notice to TMS as well as guys who were planning to come from very far away. That's why I posted today. and why I felt like I had to call Turner's to tell them we would have to reschedule.

If by some miracle it does turn out to be a nice day I'd still be up for lunch and a drive, but I think it's not reasonable to wait until the 11th hour for TMS and the non-local guys.
Thanks for giving enough notice so those of us from "far" away can have time to make alternate plans. I look forward to attending the event when it is rescheduled. If necessary, I'll switch to my ugly winter wheels. Nothing can stop a set of Blizzak WS-50 tires on 17" Borbet Type E rims!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
58 Posts
doug said:
TC,
While I share your optimism I had to give fair notice to TMS as well as guys who were planning to come from very far away. That's why I posted today. and why I felt like I had to call Turner's to tell them we would have to reschedule.

If by some miracle it does turn out to be a nice day I'd still be up for lunch and a drive, but I think it's not reasonable to wait until the 11th hour for TMS and the non-local guys.
I like the idea of lunch and a drive :) .... lets hope for a change in weather (just checked and it claims there will be sun (but cold) at 9.00am on Sat) ....

- Jan
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
644 Posts
Gotta luv New England weather... its almost personal at this point grrrrrrr
In any case, it would be great to get together regardless, if the weather breaks I'm still in for a lunch cruise.

-Audio
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,248 Posts
BostonRocket posting:

Are you for real!? I am writing this as I am watching TC detail my car and charging me an arm and a leg! All for this meet! :grrrrr:

'Rocket (refinancing my home to pay for a detail)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
300 Posts
Just had my detailed today too. Hope the weather will be fair for us to have one last meet. Beeing looking forward to this since I could not make the last one.

Rallistas

P.S. The beast is ready to take TC.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,248 Posts
The weather is definately not cooperating very well. Maybe we can adjust the meet to next weekend? Even if it is just for a get together over some food, it would be great to see everyone again. Lets keep an active discussion on this through tommorrow to see what happens with the weather (if the Sox can win a WS, then the darn weather can shift patterns overnight:)).

'Rocket:

Charging an arm and a leg? You got out cheap today with your ghetto shine;).

Rallistas:

Take it easy on my poor innocent M5. It is being made out to be some form of monster that it is truely not (until a couple more mods are completed at least;)).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,101 Posts
Ok, next week then. It better happen. I better get my money's worth from TC's "Bling all that you can bling" ghetto-shine detailing service.

'Rocket
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
235 Posts
Quite an unfortunate change of events. We (Albany area) are expectgin anywhere from 1-4 inches of the white stuff today. Instead of cleaning up my car and making it look pretty, I will be installing the Wintersports / Mille-Miglias for the upcoming winter. I appreciate the heads up though, as a 3ish hour drive in the weather they are predicting would not be fun.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
644 Posts
I had planned a bling session for this evening, sadly now I wont need to...
I'm def. in for next week.. lets make it happen!!

Rocket: Foodsaver, vacuum pack the car, and kick back w/a 12pack till then!
:cheers:

-Audio

BostonRocket said:
Ok, next week then. It better happen. I better get my money's worth from TC's "Bling all that you can bling" ghetto-shine detailing service.

'Rocket
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
466 Posts
Unfortuneatly, this postponment is starting to get very close to thankgiving weekend now. It's a shame we cancelled and of course I'll eat crow if it happens but the odds of snow is really very slim, rain .. sure, but I doubt it will snow. Still want to do a meet but, I'm gone over thanksgiving. Let me know the new plan... Thanks,

R/
WAR
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
warhaven said:
Unfortuneatly, this postponment is starting to get very close to thankgiving weekend now. It's a shame we cancelled and of course I'll eat crow if it happens but the odds of snow is really very slim, rain .. sure, but I doubt it will snow. Still want to do a meet but, I'm gone over thanksgiving. Let me know the new plan... Thanks,

R/
WAR
Umm, I can look outside and watch the snow falling as I type! They're predicting 3" here-- up to as much as 6" south of Worcester. BTW, postponement for me may be until Spring as the car is going back to New York on Thursday for a long winter nap. :(

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
235 Posts
Well, I came through the night unscathed. I think the stuff that is over boston is the same stuff they were predicting 1-4" for us in Albany. Only time will tell.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,248 Posts
I hate f%$*ing snow! I have two inches on the ground up here:(. I am just glad I got all the leaves off the yard and the boat covered before it hit.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,059 Posts
TCM said:
I hate f%$*ing snow! I have two inches on the ground up here:(. I am just glad I got all the leaves off the yard and the boat covered before it hit.

We've got a inch or more here at 10:30, and it's still snowing. But unlike you, my leaves are still on the ground and my boat isn't covered. At least my beast is safe and dry.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
235 Posts
It turned out to be a nice, albeit cold, clear day in upstate NY.
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top