BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I believe today my maintenance plan expires (it would be nice if they sent me something in the mail or made a phone call to let me know).

My question is, can I purchase the extended maintenance plan at a later date or must it be done before my plan expires?

Thank you!

·
Banned
194 Posts
i would call bmw

·
Registered
27 Posts
Interesting

$200 surcharge provided you are not beyond inservice of 5 yrs or 60,000 miles
I purchased a used M5 this past weekend, still within warranty and with the required service done, and the dealer told me to extend the factory maintenance plan would cost over $7K! I was more then just a little shocked, I would be curious what the conditions are that would invoke the $200 surcharge versus the $7K charge.

I recall when I purchased my MINI 7 years ago there was a $500 surcharge to extend the factory service plan beyond the initial 4yr/50K miles.

Not saying you don't know for sure, but I would be shocked and would love to know the source of the info and if can get in on that deal!

Thanks!

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I purchased a used M5 this past weekend, still within warranty and with the required service done, and the dealer told me to extend the factory maintenance plan would cost over $7K! I was more then just a little shocked, I would be curious what the conditions are that would invoke the $200 surcharge versus the $7K charge.

I recall when I purchased my MINI 7 years ago there was a $500 surcharge to extend the factory service plan beyond the initial 4yr/50K miles.

Not saying you don't know for sure, but I would be shocked and would love to know the source of the info and if can get in on that deal!

Thanks!

He is correct, it is $200 additional as long as you are within the CPO warranty.

Also a 2yr/100k extended maintenance plan costs $3495 a year.
On a good note, I spoke to my service adviser today (who confirmed this with her supervisor and warranty department) that clutch jobs are covered under my CPO extended warranty. Brakes/Etc are not.

I probably will not be purchasing an extended maintenance plan.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have an extended warranty through ASC... check them out

·
Registered
27 Posts
So I guess my questoin is, if you did not buy the car under CPO, will they extend the service for $200 or are you screwed and have to buy the 7K plan, which is just a rape job by the dealer? Mine is still under 4yr/50K . . . .

1 - 11 of 11 Posts