BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had the H&R lowering springs on my car for six months or more now. I am having the Dinan 3.91 diff installed on Jan 8th and am now thinking of getting the Dinan stage 2 kit for the car. I like the look of the H&R springs as the front end sits lower compared to what I have seen of the Dinan kit.

What effect do you think mixing would have on the handling as I'm sure the kit was engineered for their springs?

Has anyone done this?

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
brucewil said:
I have had the H&R lowering springs on my car for six months or more now. I am having the Dinan 3.91 diff installed on Jan 8th and am now thinking of getting the Dinan stage 2 kit for the car. I like the look of the H&R springs as the front end sits lower compared to what I have seen of the Dinan kit.

What effect do you think mixing would have on the handling as I'm sure the kit was engineered for their springs?

Has anyone done this?
Be the test mule and let us know what you think of the ride/handling...yawnnnn

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Not a good idea as it'll provide you with a different suspension dynamic between fronts and rear.

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Not a good idea at all. Dinan dials these suspension systems in on their shock dyno down to the "knat's ***". If you try to mix and match, you're just wasting your money, IMHO.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts